John Scott suspension [7 games; won't appeal]

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
The Grabner hit was worse than this one. Maybe not as late, but more of an elbow to the head with no contact with the body. He only got 2 games.

Scott will be vilified. The whole team was by NBCSN.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Even if its only a 10 game suspension, we should waive Scott on our own, just get rid of him. It was dirty, pathetic and cowardly.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
2 games for the incident
2 games for it being on a national NBCSN broadcast
2 games for the injury to top 6 player
2 games for playing on the same team as pat kaleta
2 games for being 6'8" and injuring someone under 6'6"

total : 10 games

:handclap:LOL AT THIS

but seriously Im not even gonna comment on the hit...all Im gonna say is if the Lucic/Miller hit never happens and doesnt go unpunished...scott is unemployed right now...you reap what you sow Shanahan...if teams can get away with murder with no repercussion then guys like scott have a purpose in the game...ironically guys like Orr get passes for being useless but scott's a goon? If teams like Toronto can have a useless goon like Orr...we need one ourselves to defend this team otherwise Orr can can have his way...(no offense to Leafs fans just an example)

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
:handclap:LOL AT THIS

but seriously Im not even gonna comment on the hit...all Im gonna say is if the Lucic/Miller hit never happens and doesnt go unpunished...scott is unemployed right now...you reap what you sow Shanahan...if teams can get away with murder with no repercussion then guys like scott have a purpose in the game...ironically guys like Orr get passes for being useless but scott's a goon? If teams like Toronto can have a useless goon like Orr...we need one ourselves to defend this team otherwise Orr can can have his way...(no offense to Leafs fans just an example)

really good point

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 7m
Perhaps, it's time to fine\suspend coach and heavily fine team in addition to suspending the player for hits like this...

And more of the national MSM vilifying the Sabres.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
As much as I dislike Scott I don't see how thats a late/dirty hit when played in real time.

Scott made contact with his head and I don't think thats Scotts fault but hes gonna pay for it regardless. Seemed like its same scenario with Kaleta, guy passes/shoots the puck lowering his target area and at the same time slows up causing contact with the head instead of the body.

Either way hes a goon and will probably get 10 games

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
do I win?

lol but seriously how funny is it that Milbury admits his bosses wont let him use twitter anymore because he acts like an ass...then a few hours later he uses national television to make an ass out of himself lol

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Probably closer to 10 games.

I think it's a bit ridiculous. The hit was slightly late, but not really. Hits are that "late" all the time. It was not a blind-side hit, which are much much worse.

The head was hit because of 2 factors:
(1) Height difference, including the fact that Loui was leaning down after the pass
(2) The angle of Loui's body after dumping the puck.

I have no problem with them calling a penalty on it, but I think the hit is being COMPLETELY blown out of proportion because of who it is (a goon).
Agreed. I was expecting the hit to be much, MUCH worse based on the reaction in our own GBU...

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
At worst, I could call it a careless hit. Not reckless or intent to injure though. I just don't see it based on how he hit and his history (outside of fights).

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Almost looks like whiplash vs head contact. Same with a lot of these hits granted they're still dangerous.

I feel like everyone is crying wolf with every hit now.

xNick

Mar 21, 2013
It was a stupid hit and impossible to defend. Little late, hit the head(because he is taller, but that shouldn't matter). Scott shouldn't even be on a NHL team in the first place. Suspending him only helps the Sabres, now hopfully we fire Regier and Rolston and move on but I doubt it.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
It was a stupid hit and impossible to defend. Little late, hit the head(because he is taller, but that shouldn't matter). Scott shouldn't even be on a NHL team in the first place. Suspending him only helps the Sabres, now hopfully we fire Regier and Rolston and move on but I doubt it.

That's like 15 agendas in 16 words.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
At worst, I could call it a careless hit. Not reckless or intent to injure though. I just don't see it based on how he hit and his history (outside of fights).

I agree. You see players who want to injure....they charge, jump, elbow. Scott did none of those. He just wanted to finish his check. He was careless and will be suspended for a few.

Edit:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
BUF's John Scott has an in-person hearing with NHL for hit to the head on BOS's Loui Eriksson though date and time has yet to be set.

I'm not sure why this should be an in person hearing other than the fact that the Bruins get preferential treatment from the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->