John Scott suspension [7 games; won't appeal]

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
what do you think he will get in terms of suspension for the hit on Ericcson.

The argument could be made this was similar to the Miller hit by Lucic.

Scott suspended seven games for check to the head:
NEW YORK -- Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott has been suspended for seven games, without pay, for an illegal check to the head of Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson during NHL Game No. 138 in Buffalo on Wednesday, Oct. 23, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 5:49 of the third period. Scott received a match penalty for an illegal check to the head.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and, based on his average annual salary, Scott will forfeit $26,923.05. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

Scott already has served three games of this suspension while awaiting an in-person hearing that was convened this morning.
[nhl]473124[/nhl]

Last edited by a moderator:

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
what do you think he will get in terms of suspension for the hit on Ericcson.

The argument could be made this was similar to the Miller hit by Lucic.

Maybe the Bruins should get Gaustad to avenge the hit with his frenetic fist. :laugh:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Probably closer to 10 games.

I think it's a bit ridiculous. The hit was slightly late, but not really. Hits are that "late" all the time. It was not a blind-side hit, which are much much worse.

The head was hit because of 2 factors:
(1) Height difference, including the fact that Loui was leaning down after the pass
(2) The angle of Loui's body after dumping the puck.

I have no problem with them calling a penalty on it, but I think the hit is being COMPLETELY blown out of proportion because of who it is (a goon).

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Shanny can put his Leaf hat on to give him something that the Toronto media wanted him to get in the exhibition game. The hit seemed clean but LATE. The arm and elbow were down but the height difference was important here--I suppose you could say taller players just have to be more careful hitting players much shorter.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Scott was warned after the Kessel garbage and told to keep himself out of trouble, so he'll get the book thrown at him.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Scott was warned after the Kessel garbage and told to keep himself out of trouble, so he'll get the book thrown at him.
This is what will happen and it's hilarious.

Scott has no history. Three other hits to the head were thrown last week that resulted in 5 game suspensions. But because he was warned which isn't official Shannahan will somehow find a way to give him more games than were handed out last week.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Should be for his career, cannot stand having players like him on this pathetic team. I think I have more hockey talent then this goon. ^_^

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
Probably closer to 10 games.

I think it's a bit ridiculous. The hit was slightly late, but not really. Hits are that "late" all the time. It was not a blind-side hit, which are much much worse.

The head was hit because of 2 factors:
(1) Height difference, including the fact that Loui was leaning down after the pass
(2) The angle of Loui's body after dumping the puck.

I have no problem with them calling a penalty on it, but I think the hit is being COMPLETELY blown out of proportion because of who it is (a goon).

very well said

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
3-5, and most likely 5. The outrage by Bruins (most) and Leafs fans on the main board is hilarious.

Saying that, I hope the recipient is ok.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Waiting for Grigorenko to nail off 15 points during Scott's suspension so Rolston can reunite them after he returns.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I just don't find the hit that objectionable.

2 games in a rational universe.

10 games Shanny's universe, where Buffalo represents all that is impure and unholy.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
2 games for the incident
2 games for it being on a national NBCSN broadcast
2 games for the injury to top 6 player
2 games for playing on the same team as pat kaleta
2 games for being 6'8" and injuring someone under 6'6"

total : 10 games

DixonWard15

Sep 27, 2011
I strongly dislike having Scott on this team but honestly I don't see the difference between Scott and Chara....it is laughable to think that the linesmen separated them after the hit. Let those goons just fight.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I strongly dislike having Scott on this team but honestly I don't see the difference between Scott and Chara....it is laughable to think that the linesmen separated them after the hit. Let those goons just fight.

Not sure if you're serious... you don't see a difference between Chara and Scott?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad