The Sun: John Scott: "Princess Phaneuf"

Magundy Guy

Jun 2, 2009
Actually . I'd like to see Scott and Chara have a go ( perhaps they already have ).
My money goes on Chara to clean his clock

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
Players don't fight Scott because he can absolutely destroy them. Say what you will but I didn't see our tough guys do much of anything to stop him from playing very physical and taking liberties with our team. Scott was an effective player for Buffalo in that back to back & ours were ineffective and an embarrassment. Scott's line drew a penalty against our top players that resulted in a goal, played the body hard on our team both nights, gave a few little shots that resulted in one player going to the quiet room, and drew our best defenceman by a country mile into taking an extra two minute penalty that Buffalo capitalized on to bring the game within reach on Saturday. He also played respectable fourth line minutes rather than the usual goon-time he gets.

Say what you will about the guy but Colton doesn't have much more class, is a less effective fighter and an even less effective enforcer. Our team looked soft playing against Buffalo of all teams.

http://youtu.be/SaF_IxUvZI4

EDIT: Boo to embedded vids not working!

Last edited:

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011
Players don't fight Scott because he can absolutely destroy them. Say what you will but I didn't see our tough guys do much of anything to stop him from playing very physical and taking liberties with our team. Scott was an effective player for Buffalo in that back to back & ours were ineffective and an embarrassment. Scott's line drew a penalty against our top players that resulted in a goal, played the body hard on our team both nights, gave a few little shots that resulted in one player going to the quiet room, and drew our best defenceman by a country mile into taking an extra two minute penalty that Buffalo capitalized on to bring the game within reach on Saturday. He also played respectable fourth line minutes rather than the usual goon-time he gets.

Say what you will about the guy but Colton doesn't have much more class, is a less effective fighter and an even less effective enforcer. Our team looked soft playing against Buffalo of all teams.

Huh? Sorry but youre wrong. It looked to me like Scott wanted nothing to do with 28 or 38- im not sure what you were watching. And Colton Orr dropped Scott to his knees last year in a fight with a body shot, and I believe Mclaren beat him in a scrap as well.

haters wanna hate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad