The Sun: John Scott: "Princess Phaneuf"

boller4president

Nov 5, 2013
Ndamukong Suh has a degree in engineering as well (with a GPA north 3.0).

It really has nothing to do with what kind of player or person Suh is. John Scott is a jerk. He may be an educated jerk but a jerk all the same.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
:laugh: Because the Leafs won the game ffs. Your hard-on for Scott's actions which he ended up getting punished for doesn't change that in anyway shape or form.

You don't seem to understand the Scott managed to get Phaneuf off the ice for 2 minutes. That's pretty much the best thing he can possibly do in any given game. "Yeah but we won!" :facepalm:

And what actions did Scott get punished for, exactly? THey gave all three goons on the ice 10 minute misconducts. Two of them jumped in and tackled someone, one of them was just standing there. Do you remember who that one was?

Considering McLaren and Orr do their talking on the ice, comparing them to Scott is stupid.

They're all unskilled fourth line fighters. Comparing them isn't stupid at all. If Orr or McLaren managed to piss off an opponent's best defenseman so that he took a penalty and the Leafs scored we'd all be talking about how great it was. Not sure what you don't get about that.

Again, are you a Sabres fan?

I'm just wondering how many times you need to ask a stupid question before you realize it's a stupid question.

aristocrat

Apr 4, 2011
when kadri comes back from his suspension will he be tossed out of a game the first time there is a scrum? Scott's hit and kadri's hit both suspendable but how will kadri be treated?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
when kadri comes back from his suspension will he be tossed out of a game the first time there is a scrum? Scott's hit and kadri's hit both suspendable but how will kadri be treated?

I don't think so. Kadri is a skilled player. Those players don't get thrown out of a game that easily.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
Career NHL fights:

Dion Phaneuf: 37
John Scott: 35

Who cares was John Scott thinks, he is irrelevant.

But he has an engineering degree! And because he has that degree it means he can say idiotic things and not be held accountable, because, you know..... he has an engineering degree. bunjay for the win....

BayStreetBullies*

You don't seem to understand the Scott managed to get Phaneuf off the ice for 2 minutes. That's pretty much the best thing he can possibly do in any given game. "Yeah but we won!" :facepalm:

And he deserves so much praise for that? :facepalm: x 100 to you

But hey, who cares about the 2 points right? :sarcasm:

And what actions did Scott get punished for, exactly? THey gave all three goons on the ice 10 minute misconducts. Two of them jumped in and tackled someone, one of them was just standing there. Do you remember who that one was?

Please remind me oh wise one, since you seem to think you know everything. I'd like you to grace me with more pearls of wisdom akin to "Phaneuf getting a 2 min penalty > winning the game". :laugh:

They're all unskilled fourth line fighters. Comparing them isn't stupid at all. If Orr or McLaren managed to piss off an opponent's best defenseman so that he took a penalty and the Leafs scored we'd all be talking about how great it was. Not sure what you don't get about that.

People would talk about it...momentarily. But you seem to be going on and on about it, digging a deeper hole for yourself.

I'm just wondering how many times you need to ask a stupid question before you realize it's a stupid question.

You seem to have an answer (albeit ill-informed one) for everything, yet you can't answer a simple yes or no question? Makes sense. ;)

aristocrat

Apr 4, 2011
lol its a bit diffrent Kadri isnt a fourth line plug looking for trouble

So you have a guy just back from suspension who for the entire game ignored the calls for a fight and even when his mate gets cross checked he stands there and dragged down from behind he doesn't do anything. He has one bad hit in his entire career and somehow he is worse than matt cooke ever was. Kadri has two in one game but scott is the bad guy? We would understand if this was kaleta getting tossed as he has the history but scott simply doesn't.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
And he deserves so much praise for that? :facepalm: x 100 to you

But hey, who cares about the 2 points right? :sarcasm:

Please remind me oh wise one, since you seem to think you know everything. I'd like you to grace me with more pearls of wisdom akin to "Phaneuf getting a 2 min penalty > winning the game". :laugh:

Who said anything about it being better than winning the game? Certainly not me. It seems like the only person who doesn't get it is you.

People would talk about it...momentarily. But you seem to be going on and on about it, digging a deeper hole for yourself.

I'm "going on and on about it" only because you just keep on not getting it. Scott accomplished what he's in the NHL to accomplish.

You seem to have an answer (albeit ill-informed one) for everything, yet you can't answer a simple yes or no question? Makes sense. ;)

Not sure if you're trolling or just simple.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
He helps his team mates by playing to the best of his abilities night in and night out. And I find it hilarious that you don't think he sticks up for his team mates in a physical manner.

Silly statement....all NHL players do that or should. And what would one expect from the highest paid player. As far as your second statement, it is what it is...we see his game differently.

BayStreetBullies*

Who said anything about it being better than winning the game? Certainly not me. It seems like the only person who doesn't get it is you.

You were focusing on one part of the game to hype up Scott's so-called contributions, while ignoring the fact that the Leafs did in fact win the game in spite of it. And you did ignore it, because as soon as it was brought up you got all defensive and mocked it.

I'm "going on and on about it" only because you just keep on not getting it. Scott accomplished what he's in the NHL to accomplish.

And I'm telling you he didn't accomplish anything if his team didn't get the 2 pts. You want to talk about the role of a player...it doesn't matter how big or small it is, the point is to help your team win. Scott is no exception to that rule. So no he did not accomplish his goal unless it was to be a selfish loser, then he performed that task flawlessly. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Not sure if you're trolling or just simple.

Says the guy who can't answer a yes or no question. ;)

BayStreetBullies*

Silly statement....all NHL players do that or should. And what would one expect from the highest paid player. As far as your second statement, it is what it is...we see his game differently.

What's silly is accusing Phaneuf of not sticking up for his team mates.

And perhaps we do see his game differently. I see him as a player who has played great this season in all situations, and is a top 10-15 defenceman.

Polo*

The guy that ran and hid from Mclaren and Orr calls Phaneuf a princess?

and btw its not a staged fight when its in response to what he did to kessel.

The guy is being an outright coward and shouldnt be in the line up. Nolan is dumb as cement if he told him that btw. "Dont fight unless..." Unless what? Like he takes a run at the leafs star player and runs and hides?

It doesnt add up

The guy is a really dumb coward.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Every university stream is notorious for "curving a hefty amount."

Lets see how easy it is to complete an engineering degree. Current U of T statistics for engineering:

Enrollment - 4 488
Degrees granted - 962

So easy, bro. All the idiots graduate.

I'm a fourth year Software Engineering student @ UW dude, I understand how these things work.

All I'm saying is that there are a ton of graduates who are ****ing stupid. People get carried along because the assignments are weighted heavily and the exams are all doable.

Not discrediting engineering by any means, it is definitely one of the most challenging fields. But a bachelors degree doesn't say much at all about a person's intelligence.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Suh is the NFL's version of Scott, with the notable exception being that Suh is actually capable of playing the sport he is employed to play.

Suh is the Detroit Lions DT who has repeatedly gotten it trouble for cheap/dirty plays.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Guys: Scott makes $750 large for about 8 minutes of work 82 nights a year. Not bad for any level of intelligence. Doesn't take an engineering degree to figure that out, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt him.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Can you really watch the replays and say the officials got it right? They saw a lot of bad possibilities out there and panicked. McCormick was cross checked by Phaneuf from behind and then jumped when he looked like he would go after Phaneuf. Scott was not about to get penalized when the Sabres still had a very slim chance of coming back in the game. MacLaren ambushes him- jumps him from behind-Scott is grabbed by officials before he could respond--and gets 14 minutes! Whether Scott is a genius or is a high school dropout should make no difference to the call....

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Can you really watch the replays and say the officials got it right? They saw a lot of bad possibilities out there and panicked. McCormick was cross checked by Phaneuf from behind and then jumped when he looked like he would go after Phaneuf. Scott was not about to get penalized when the Sabres still had a very slim chance of coming back in the game. MacLaren ambushes him- jumps him from behind-Scott is grabbed by officials before he could respond--and gets 14 minutes! Whether Scott is a genius or is a high school dropout should make no difference to the call....

The refs have every responsibility to keep control of the game by handing out misconducts if they feel the game has a chance of getting out of hand. I believe they made the right decision all around.

Buffalo deserved the PP because Dion 'instigated' the melee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->