The Sun: John Scott: "Princess Phaneuf"

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
What does a degree have to do with being an idiot..

Getting an MBA from Harvard doesn't make you an entrepreneur or a businessman. College dropouts with brains have went on to make billions.

Because 4 years of engineering courses is incredibly difficult at any institution. It's not just "a degree" like any other. But of course if you're making child-like subject-verb agreement mistakes I'd not expect you to have a better grasp of that than "LOL billionaire dropouts!"

I would bet that not a single person calling him a moron could actually pass a grade 12 physics exam let alone third year fluid mechanics.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
John Scott's job in the NHL is to agitate and fight. He got Phaneuf to take a dumb penalty that let his team get back into the game. He has a degree in mechanical engineering. He is not, contrary to popular belief, an idiot.

That would be great if we were in an engineering firm or office workplace. He is an idiot on the ice and he is acting like an idiot off the ice. His degree means nothing here.

Mr Lahey

Oct 25, 2008
What does a degree have to do with being an idiot..

Getting an MBA from Harvard doesn't make you an entrepreneur or a businessman. College dropouts with brains have went on to make billions.

Like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg? Two guys who had established and successful companies prior to graduating, and therefore didn't need to? Yeah...

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
There's only one Princess Phaneuf in Toronto

120904b_elisha_cuthbert_dion_phaneuf.jpg

Your move Scott

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
It's not really the hit that started that anyway. It was Phaneuf crosschecking Mccormick. At the end of the day we have a tough enough team that we can pretty much do whatever we want. I mean we're talking about a 6'8 goon here who is crying to the media because the Leafs roughed them up after a hit. Isn't he supposed to do something during situations like that? Going by John Scott on Loui Eriksson logic, maybe Orr and Mclaren dont start that huge scrum if Scott had fought them earlier?

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
Because 4 years of engineering courses is incredibly difficult at any institution. It's not just "a degree" like any other. But of course if you're making child-like subject-verb agreement mistakes I'd not expect you to have a better grasp of that than "LOL billionaire dropouts!"

I would bet that not a single person calling him a moron could actually pass a grade 12 physics exam let alone third year fluid mechanics.

Please, there are plenty of engineers who rode the bell curve to their degrees. Most of them didn't pass their fluid mechanics exams either.

Elum

Jan 30, 2013
Then why is he even on the team still?

There is staged fights and there is having to answer for the **** you pull with other teams best players.

Ask Nolan. He's the one that doesn't want him getting in staged fights and is playing him 7 minutes a night.

How was Scott supposed to answer for attempting to hit Phaneuf? He got grabbed from behind and then thrown out of the game.

BayStreetBullies*

Ask Nolan. He's the one that doesn't want him getting in staged fights and is playing him 7 minutes a night.

How was Scott supposed to answer for attempting to hit Phaneuf? He got grabbed from behind and then thrown out of the game.

You make it sound like he was an innocent bystander.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Please, there are plenty of engineers who rode the bell curve to their degrees. Most of them didn't pass their fluid mechanics exams either.

You cannot receive any Engineering degree I know of without your Fluid Mechanics credit. I'd love for you to explain how someone "rides the bell curve" to their engineering degree, though. :laugh:

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I couldn't give a damn about Scott or whether Dion bailed on the hit or lost an edge .

I've just had enough of Dion getting pissed every time he gets hit and starting crap and then turning away .

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Yeah, well, that's just, like, his opinion, man.

this thread needs more dude:yo:

John Scott's job in the NHL is to agitate and fight. He got Phaneuf to take a dumb penalty that let his team get back into the game. He has a degree in mechanical engineering. He is not, contrary to popular belief, an idiot.

I hear his thesis was the clever melding of Mechano and Lego, making an exact working replica of an easy bake oven

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
You cannot receive any Engineering degree I know of without your Fluid Mechanics credit. I'd love for you to explain how someone "rides the bell curve" to their engineering degree, though. :laugh:

Because the majority of mechanical engineers I know failed most their toughest exams and still got their degree. Engineers don't pass their exams, and like to use the excuse that their course material is "too hard" (i.e. everyone else did equally bad) for why they were able to get course credits despite failing the examinations.

I can't think of a single other profession where that excused would be accepted.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Ya, lets cool it a bit guys. Trash talk's trash talk. Happens all the time. Chill. Let the Leafs do their talkin on the ice, deal with Scott & the Sabres in their own way & time, and deal with them they will. All about the passion, enjoy the rivalry.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Because the majority of mechanical engineers I know failed most their toughest exams and still got their degree. Engineers don't pass their exams, and like to use the excuse that their course material is "too hard" (i.e. everyone else did equally bad) for why they were able to get course credits despite failing the examinations.

I can't think of a single other profession where that excused would be accepted.

It's funny that you actually think you know what you're talking about.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo

Lol. A degree means so little. Sure, you can't 'ride the curve' per se but engineering is notorious for curving a hefty amount.

There are plenty of engineering graduates who are 'idiots'.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I hear his thesis was the clever melding of Mechano and Lego, making an exact working replica of an easy bake oven

I hear you don't know the difference between undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad