Aug 11, 2009
ontario
DW asked Stalock about Scott and he said he would be a good fit in SJ
DW and Todd feuded
Players voted on who they wanted to get the C after jumbo was stripped
Players still wanted Joe
Mike Brown is scared to fly

All within the 1st 5 mins lol.

The thornton part is not suprising though. No player wants to be put into the position that team had been put into that season and a few of them were put into a few years earlier when it happened to marleau.

The entire marleau and thornton stripping of the captaincy is one major thing against wilson. It was wilson and mclellan trying to find excuses for themselves.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Actually, they just had a revolving door of wearing an A that season for Tmac didn't they?

It was under Deboer that Pavelski was named Captain.

august 20th 2014 thornton was stripped of the C. pavelski named C in october 2015. the 2014-15 season was played with 4 A's.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
august 20th 2014 thornton was stripped of the C. pavelski named C in october 2015. the 2014-15 season was played with 4 A's.
Yes, under Deboer. Oct 2015 was the 2015-2016 Season.

John Scott was not on the team for that era. He was there for the supposed vote in 2014-15 under TMac's last season where he decided to use a rotating letter system.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004

Interesting tidbits about Sharks’ captaincy when Thornton was stripped, issues between McLellan and Doug. Sharks stuff at the beginning, then they go on to talk about what they’re doing now etc.

I love 5:55 :laugh:

John Scott: Where they (Phoenix Coyotes) traded me, and f---ed me.

This was very entertaining. Alex Stalock seems like a really great guy.

The NHL should hire John Scott.
Then, team him up with Ilya Bryzgalov.
And then, put them on TV.

Reactions: 209 and Phu

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Ah right. Dick move to tell your team to pick your captain, only to say nevermind, I didn't like your choice.

I'm so glad McLellan is now the Oilers problem. Worst head coach in Sharks history. Yes, worse than Al Sims.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
That's actually unprofessional from Scott. Now that he is no longer playing and doesn't have a career to jeopardize, he's revealing some inner workings on the Sharks and even calling out specific management and players. It'd be fine if he kept it generic; it'd be fine if he still had something to risk and felt it was worth revealing it.

This comes off as cheap.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
That's actually unprofessional from Scott. Now that he is no longer playing and doesn't have a career to jeopardize, he's revealing some inner workings on the Sharks and even calling out specific management and players. It'd be fine if he kept it generic; it'd be fine if he still had something to risk and felt it was worth revealing it.

This comes off as cheap.

Nah, it's a thing called honesty.

That's something fans can relate to. We try so hard to go on message boards and decipher tweets or comments made by reporters or players or management personnel to find the truth. Someone who's been in the thick of it, finally comes out and says some things. Then, all of a sudden it's "unprofessional".

The NHL working with the Coyotes and Habs to make sure Scott didn't make it to the All-Star game was unprofessional. Not some youtube video with less than 500 views.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The NHL working with the Coyotes and Habs to make sure Scott didn't make it to the All-Star game was unprofessional. Not some youtube video with less than 500 views.

I don' t have an issue with that. Not only is this something known to others, but those actions do cross a line and Scott even brought this up while he was under contract.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay

This comes off as cheap.

I don’t get this take at all. It’s not like anything he said was untrue. Even the people involved and many of the specifics were fairly accurately speculated by people on these boards and, to some degree, the media. That the Sharks braintrust handled the Thornton captaincy less than ideally, that Mclellan and Wilson had some tension, and that it had some effect on the players and the locker room are hardly earth shattering revelations.

I’m not sure Scott owes the Sharks org his undying loyalty at the price of a one year near-minimum contract. This isn’t some player turncoating on his longtime team. This is a guy the Sharks brought in to exchange face punches and then quickly disposed of when it no longer suited them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad