Player Discussion John Moore

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Big moment for John Moore and let's hope he takes advantage of this opportunity.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He's played in a Stanley Cup. He will be fine on the left side. Issue will be knowing when to cover for Crazy Cliffy...Both have an O mentality and Moore is sometimes slow to react to get back on D.
Crazy Cliffy, love it

I`m actually surprised at the drop off of Moore`s offensive game since joining the B`s. Seemed like he had more in him offensively in Jersey. Maybe he was asked by Butch to play it safer here with Krug and McAvoy in the mix? I`m not too worried about Moore going in, sure beats a Greg Zanon replacement

Reactions: BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Crazy Cliffy, love it

I`m actually surprised at the drop off of Moore`s offensive game since joining the B`s. Seemed like he had more in him offensively in Jersey. Maybe he was asked by Butch to play it safer here with Krug and McAvoy in the mix? I`m not too worried about Moore going in, sure beats a Greg Zanon replacement

Different system, and he plays with better players now...plus Cassidy def reigned him in, which is good for all. He is capable of showing more O (would like him paired with Carlo once in awhile, but really can't w Krug being a liability)… he will really need to concentrate on staying at home IMO w #75

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Different system, and he plays with better players now...plus Cassidy def reigned him in, which is good for all. He is capable of showing more O (would like him paired with Carlo once in awhile, but really can't w Krug being a liability)… he will really need to concentrate on staying at home IMO w #75
thx Lou, I know you got to see a ton of him in Jersey which I didn`t. I liked his game this year, clearly had a few hiccups trying to get used to new system/city

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
thx Lou, I know you got to see a ton of him in Jersey which I didn`t. I liked his game this year, clearly had a few hiccups trying to get used to new system/city

he was playing fantastic IMO until Miller came back...then he sat....then he played some right side which I don't like him at, then he stunk, then he sat...He was basically a full time player for 5 years (sans injuries) then played 3/4 a season here which must have been rough on him

Reactions: barstool

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I think people forget John Moore can play top 4 minutes in a pinch on almost every single NHL team.

Exactly. No problem with him slotting in whatsoever.
Bruins are one of very few teams in the league he's not playing top 4 minutes and I kinda felt bad for him this season as your not signing that contract, coming to a new team, playing well - and expecting to be a 7th d-man.

Might follow the route of Quaider where you trade him this summer, not because he's not a good defenceman and you can't use him, but more just out of respect and consideration so he can actually play somewhere and have a decent career.

Hopefully he has a great game this eve.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I like the bruins playing him a lot more than I like the bruins playing Tommy Cross, no offense tommy!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The hug he got from the bench last night epitomized what John Moore means to his teammates.

Reactions: Estlin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I wasn't impressed with his game to start. Felt he was struggling, like Clifton and Krug, to get the puck out in the first two periods. He really turned it on in the 3rd though. When he was signed, I didn't get the term of the contract, but liked the signing. He was excellent before he got scratched earlier in the year. He's had good/meh (can't think of anything actually bad) moments in the playoffs. I hope he brings it Game 7.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Mr Negativity here :sarcasm: -

I thought Moore had a rough going for at least the first two periods last night. Something he struggled with most was in fact what I've seen most say hes better at than Gryz and that's getting the puck out of his own corners using his bigger frame. Taking the abuse if you will.

I did not see that for much of the game last night. I actually saw the opposite. He was getting beat in his own end, wasn't transitioning the puck far quick enough and while he helped with the penalty kill which didnt let one in last night, he had a few times where he couldn't clear it on the PK. He did finished out the rest of the game strongly after that.

My point being is- I just don't think it's THAT cut and dry that he's the obvious choice over Gryz IF Gryz is good to go as I have seen many say the past day or so. The Gryz-Clifton pair was, IMO, a Top 4-b pairing for much of the playoffs. They mesh really well together and were lock down tight in their own end. That's really impressive for a "third pairing".

Moore does have it going for him that they need his PK skills. Especially with Chara not being 100 percent. And he is no means a complete liability nor do I believe this move is a serious make or break for game 7.... I just think Gryz gets really downplayed for what he brings and, here we go again, IMO its because of his size. People see the short guy and immediately think he's not good in his own end.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Moore has filled in admirably, he's a a solid 3rd pairing dman and seems to be well liked by the team. Last night was definitely a much better performance from him than the prior games this series. That said, if Grzelcyk is ready to go Game 7, you gotta put him in.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Moore has filled in admirably, he's a a solid 3rd pairing dman and seems to be well liked by the team. Last night was definitely a much better performance from him than the prior games this series. That said, if Grzelcyk is ready to go Game 7, you gotta put him in.

I think it's a tough call to make. Do you go with the guy currently playing well or do you go with the guy coming off a head injury but was an important fixture in your transition game? I'm honestly not sure.

False Start

May 8, 2018
I think it's a tough call to make. Do you go with the guy currently playing well or do you go with the guy coming off a head injury but was an important fixture in your transition game? I'm honestly not sure.

You go with the guy that meshed well with Clifton. That's Grz.

I love Moore and I'm not opposed to playing him. But Clifton has been the one that's suffered the most.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
im not smart enough to know why moore cant play... I tend to like him out there.

its been a strange year for him... I got to imagine hes pretty happy with his 13 million dollar contract and it cant suck being on a cup winner... so good for him but then again he was a scratch for such a long period of time too. he sort of fell to number 8 our depth chart

I think the writing is now on the wall hes going to be the guy exposed for the expansion draft unless hes traded before then

but... now hes playing game 7 of the cup finals... and hes still going to be paid his 13 million dollars... so whether I think hes short changed or not with all the pressbox time I guess he should see his glass half full

I definitely pull for this guy not to be the goat though... that would suck for him. he might never work out as an all time great bruin but I still hope things can turn better for him and he becomes a regular for us again. honestly I watch him and in my eyes he looks pretty good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->