Confirmed with Link: John McDonough Fired

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Eh, not quite. At 35 I'm technically what you could call a Millennial, but we don't share the typical Millennial mindset. Many say anyone born from 79-85 are Xennials. Hybrid Gen X'ers and Millennials. I'm closer to a Gen X mindset, though. As are most of us pre-1985.

I'm a 1980 and I've heard about this Xennial thing. The first time I went on the internet was in high school so I had that beautiful tech free childhood followed by parents screaming at me to get off the internet because I was tying up the phone line.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I'm a 1980 and I've heard about this Xennial thing. The first time I went on the internet was in high school so I had that beautiful tech free childhood followed by parents screaming at me to get off the internet because I was tying up the phone line.
I've heard about it but I don't buy it. You don't hear about some hybrid Boomer/GenX'er pseudo-generation from years past...or a hybrid pre-boomer/Boomer hybrid.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I've heard about it but I don't buy it. You don't hear about some hybrid Boomer/GenX'er pseudo-generation from years past...or a hybrid pre-boomer/Boomer hybrid.

What generation do you fall in?

There is a yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference in the way I think, having been born in 1984, compared to even how my sister thinks, being born in 1989. There's an even bigger difference between anyone born in the 90s, and myself, also. I grew up mostly tech free. The extent of my tech up through high school consisted of basically a pager and a Nokia phone with flashing antenna and fancy colored face plates. :laugh: The internet didn't become a thing until AOL and chat rooms and such in that platform, and that was the mid 90's or so, when I was like 10-12 years old. Tech was in its infancy until I was about 18-20. The nicest cellphone you could get when I was in high school was a Motorola Star-Tac. Haha. And I think that was late in my HS years.

You don't hear about those things, but there's such a distinct difference between those born 80-88 or so, in comparison to those born in 90 and after... it's really two generations in one, with very distinct mindsets. So not sure why you don't buy it. Only thing I can think is that you're a boomer. :laugh:

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Haha that was me in middle school.
I spent most of my childhood isolated and with no friends.

Reactions: Brightwing

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Couple reasons I heard why McD might've been fired. Wanting to keep Bowman beyond this year, Panarin trade, Q firing not working out...Apparently McD had no sense his job was in jeopardy and he still had 3 years left on his deal so it wasnt for financial reasons as he'll be paid in full...so for the crowd that thinks he wasn't behind Bowman and now Stan will have free reign, it might've been the opposite...Bowman might end up fired as well after Danny Wirtz hires a new president...sounds like he did not want to fire Stan and JC just yet and Rocky wants changes so he's going to find a president that will make them...hopefully its wrong, imagine a world where they fire Stan and hire Eddie O to be team president...brutal scenario

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Couple reasons I heard why McD might've been fired. Wanting to keep Bowman beyond this year, Panarin trade, Q firing not working out...Apparently McD had no sense his job was in jeopardy and he still had 3 years left on his deal so it wasnt for financial reasons as he'll be paid in full...so for the crowd that thinks he wasn't behind Bowman and now Stan will have free reign, it might've been the opposite...Bowman might end up fired as well after Danny Wirtz hires a new president...sounds like he did not want to fire Stan and JC just yet and Rocky wants changes so he's going to find a president that will make them...hopefully its wrong, imagine a world where they fire Stan and hire Eddie O to be team president...brutal scenario

Ya, I think McD had Stan’s back too. As Zawaski pointed out, Stan is not one to stand up to a guy like McD and it’s unreasonable to think McD would want a guy who would challenge him.

I’d put my money on this move meaning the Bowman-era is nearing its end.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Ya, I think McD had Stan’s back too. As Zawaski pointed out, Stan is not one to stand up to a guy like McD and it’s unreasonable to think McD would want a guy who would challenge him.

I’d put my money on this move meaning the Bowman-era is nearing its end.

Standing up a to guy like McD and standing up to the guy named McD that gave you your job are two different things. Bowman can handle a room full of coaches and scouts and get could good results from Europe, the draft, and UDFAs, being able to stand up and put somebody in their place is one of the few things I'm not worried about. I don't think McD could tolerate a gm that was incapable of enforcing or executing policy.

It's fun guessing. Is it time to start drinking yet?

Reactions: KWP

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

But then why reassure everyone of their job security in the media just weeks before cleaning the whole house?

I know media talk yada yada but you still don't commit yourself that precisely and fully if you think it's a actually an open question.

Reactions: KWP

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
But then why reassure everyone of their job security in the media just weeks before cleaning the whole house?

I know media talk yada yada but you still don't commit yourself that precisely and fully if you think it's a actually an open question.
There’s nothing more telling that a coach or GM is on the hot seat than ownership issuing a vote of confide. It’s media speak. White noise.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
There’s nothing more telling that a coach or GM is on the hot seat than ownership issuing a vote of confide. It’s media speak. White noise.

I just don't understand why he wouldnd use media speak and do something like 'yes we believe in the current management, they have our full confidence' etc, empty words. Instead it was 'yes, Stan and JC will be our gm and coach going into next season'. That's really commiting.

I wouldnt be surprised either way, but its not enough for me to connect those dots yet personally. I think it was more McD alone that had to be changed.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Zawaski said on today’s podcast that he got confirmation from multiple sources that Al MacIssac was the middle man between Bowman and McD.

“Stan would go to Al MacIssac and say ‘Al, this is what I’m thinking, this is what I’d like to do.’ And Al MacIssac would say, ‘Eh, I don’t know if John would love that idea. Nah, think of something else.’ And not even pass the idea along. Sometimes he would pass it along.”

f*** this, if he’s right on this I sure hope the Wirtz’ are looking for someone to clean house of all McD’s minions

Last edited:

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
This. Rocky did the hard part. Will obviously give the new Prez free-reign.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Zawaski said on today’s podcast that he got confirmation from multiple sources that Al MacIssac was the middle man between Bowman and McD.

“Stan would go to Al MacIssac and say ‘Al, this is what I’m thinking, this is what I’d like to do.’ And Al MacIssac would say, ‘Eh, I don’t know if John would love that idea. Nah, think of something else.’ And not even pass the idea along. Sometimes he would pass it along.”

f*** this, if he’s right on this I sure hope the Wirtz’ are looking for someone to clean house of all McD’s minions
Sounds like the success got to McCub's head. I know nobody is going to come out and say it, but I'd imagine Seabrook's contract is his handiwork as well.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Sounds like the success got to McCub's head. I know nobody is going to come out and say it, but I'd imagine Seabrook's contract is his handiwork as well.

He just sounds like such a complete dick that dragged down morale, made players bend a knee to him, and neutered his GM by forcing him to go to a henchman for permission. I’m happy he’s gone, and it sounds like Rocky’s is the one who realized all this

Hopefully the organization will become less toxic internally, and maybe Bowman gets better if he’s kept around by the new prez

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
McCub is turning out to be exactly what a few of us have said he was...

Kind of worse. Not only did he directly meddle, but he apparently set up a system with MacIssac to essentially control everything Stan did. If Stan had to ask MacIssac for permission all the time, that means Stan was essentially powerless.

Apparently MacIssac had the power to kill things on the spot by just saying “John wouldn’t like that”

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Kind of worse. Not only did he directly meddle, but he apparently set up a system with MacIssac to essentially control everything Stan did. If Stan had to ask MacIssac for permission all the time, that means Stan was essentially powerless.

Apparently MacIssac had the power to kill things on the spot by just saying “John wouldn’t like that”

Yep.

I think this is why Stan still has a job and likely the confidence of the Wirtz family.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Yep.

I think this is why Stan still has a job and likely the confidence of the Wirtz family.
Stan when McD got fired:
tumblr_inline_ppr2c7JwOq1uqineh_540.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->