Confirmed with Link: John MacLean and Scott Allen to join Coyotes Coaching Staff

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
RaTVep8.jpg

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Man if they hold on to him for another season that would lose all good faith/credit they may have gained to this point. It would be lunacy.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He probably only makes a couple hundred grand so it doesn’t really matter, but what has John MacLean done to earn a 3-year contract?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The fact that they were non-committal to MacLean's future is probably a good sign he's toast.
Eh. I think they just needed to say something, and they knew it. I 'd like to think he's gone because it's an obvious decision looking in from the outside, but I don't think Morgan's blurb means anything one way or another. I also don't care if they keep him with the caveat he keeps his hands off the PP, and that they bring someone in for the PP and offensive development.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Eh. I think they just needed to say something, and they knew it. I 'd like to think he's gone because it's an obvious decision looking in from the outside, but I don't think Morgan's blurb means anything one way or another. I also don't care if they keep him with the caveat he keeps his hands off the PP, and that they bring someone in for the PP and offensive development.
I see this as most likely. They hire McFarland to run PP and forwards and keep MacLean as the “communicator” that Morgan referenced Tocchet may want to delegate some of his “communication” responsibilities to. Haha. Mascot!!!

Reactions: Mosby

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not there. MacLean might be doing something(s) really well, and I just don't see it. That thing is clearly not the PP. So change it.

I'm not entirely convinced any of the evaluation will result in a change of staff. We've all watched how the postseason huddle about getting younger and faster went. Even if they acknowledge a problem with the PP doesn't mean they will meaningfully address it: "We talked about it, and Johnny Mac is really going to work with our guys on puck movement and decision-making ". Problem solved. Check it off the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad