John Kemp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery4Byng*

macleafs said:
He is playing for a midget team called the LA Selects. Does anyone know more about this kid?

Watched him at the kelowna midget aaa tourney over the weekend. small but one of the best players i have seen in the 10 years i have watched the tournament.

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
Do the Rockets have him listed?

I heard he was listed by the Kelowna Rockets?
tray said:
Watched him at the kelowna midget aaa tourney over the weekend. small but one of the best players i have seen in the 10 years i have watched the tournament.

Avery4Byng*

macleafs said:
I heard he was listed by the Kelowna Rockets?

Yeah he is listed by the Rockets. During an interview with CHBC monday, Hamilton said that Kemp is undecided whether he wants to play in the dub next year or go to the USHL. Either way the kid is gonna be a beauty. I believe he is born in 1987.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
He played for the NTDP U17 team last year (In 59 games he had 7 goals and 22 assists for 29 points) but was dropped from the program just before this season started because of some rule violations.

The knocks on him have been that he is small and slow. The positives are that he has great hands and vision.

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
Thanks!!

cagney said:
He played for the NTDP U17 team last year (In 59 games he had 7 goals and 22 assists for 29 points) but was dropped from the program just before this season started because of some rule violations.

The knocks on him have been that he is small and slow. The positives are that he has great hands and vision.
Thanks

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Watched him play this year quite a bit. In all honesty, he hasn't really stood out to me but maybe I haven't seen his best games. He has great vision though.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
i read on one of these boards he broke team rules and got a dui last year and was kicked out of the nat'l program. he played a game or 2 in the ushl this year. seems like he has tons a natural talent, and unteachable vision, as well as an incredible passer. here is a scouting report from ushr after the ntdp tryout camp, obviously im sure some things have progressed.

[I]Finally, we come to the case of John Kemp (LA Jr. Kings Midget AAA). At 5'7", 174 lbs., he is, to put it bluntly, short, slow and quite overweight. That's the negative. The plus is that he has incredible hands and the kind of vision that enables him to slow the game to a crawl. No one in the camp could match his poise, sense, and puck skills. Just a great playmaker, absolutely uncanny. Made some jaw-dropping passes. Kemp is intriguing, but he's also a risk, and presents a dilemma for the NTDP staff. He could be something special, but it's no sure thing. [/I]

dubfan

Jun 1, 2004
i would love to see johnny in the WHL next season. he is just another one of the many good players to come from california in the 86/87 birth year. others include....Bobby Ryan,Owen Sound Attack....Ray Macias, Kamloops Blazers....Tim Kraus,Vancouver Giants.....David Inman, US U-18....Andreas Vlassopolous...US U-18...Nathan Grochmal,Kamloops Blazers and lets throw in Rhett Rakshani, US U-17

pwil

Oct 9, 2004
Don't expect him to play in the WHL.The Winterhawks had him on their list,and he did not come to training camp for two years.I don't know if they dropped him because he wouldn't report or if they felt he wasn't good enough to play in the league.There have been rumors that he is not the best student,so if his grades are not good enough to get a scholorship the Rockets may have a chance at him.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
dont forget billy blase, that la kings bantam major and midget minor teams were loaded. he seems like more of a chl player then ncaa. once he committed to the ntdp he probably couldnt report to camp. now that he doesnt have that holding him back, its more likely. i saw his stats, and he dominated the tournament, hes definitely good enough to play in the dub, smallish though (5-9, 165). hes seems like the kind of kid ud love to have on ur line, that can set everyone up and just slow the game down in the offensive zone, id love to see him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->