Votes: 53 52.5%
  • they are equal

Votes: 17 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It's a tight race and I'd be happy with either, but Reichel probably projects higher as he has more room to grow into his frame so I'd give him the edge.

Btw, the 'Draft Dynasty' youtube channel just did a video comparing these two players which you might find interesting.

Reactions: Henkka

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
happy with either, but i'd also take reichel. he's sort of the stutzle-lite in my mind. high iq kid who could be a top line center if he meets his potential. i hope to see edmonton pick one of them up for drai. if only the one of them could just fall a little bit... to like 32nd... i think they're both long gone by then though.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
This is extremely close for me. Peterka's a bit more 'toolsy', although Reichel's probably the smarter player.

I voted 'they are equal' because of how close they are.

Reactions: emptyNedder

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
happy with either, but i'd also take reichel. he's sort of the stutzle-lite in my mind. high iq kid who could be a top line center if he meets his potential.

This is very interesting, because both Stutzle and Reichel are hovering at Red Wings 1st and 2nd pick ranges...

And we already have Seider. I think Yzerman should build a "german colony" with these guys if possible.

My own pick in this poll is Reichel. That season against men was just so good. Peterka has shined more at junior tournaments.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
happy with either, but i'd also take reichel. he's sort of the stutzle-lite in my mind. high iq kid who could be a top line center if he meets his potential. i hope to see edmonton pick one of them up for drai. if only the one of them could just fall a little bit... to like 32nd... i think they're both long gone by then though.

isn’t Reichel a pure winger?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
isn’t Reichel a pure winger?

Think both Reichel and Peterka are pure wingers.

Does not make a difference in this comparison.

Who were Reichel's linemates at Eisbären? Lot's of former NA talent there.... James Sheppard, Maxim Lapierre, Mark Olver, Landon Ferraro, Louis-Marc Aubry, Pierre-Cedric Labrie, John Ramage, Justin Pogge.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
JJ Peterka's skating ability and how he handles the puck reminds me of Robby Fabbri. I think he's got it in him to become a very good complimentary 2nd/3rd line winger.
Lukas Reichel's IQ is excellent and I think that increases the likelihood that he becomes a player. And I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Reichel could also play center, but that he's playing wing for the same reason that Stutzle is playing wing: young guy in a men's league that isn't good at faceoffs yet.

That being said, I hope that both fall to the Red Wings somehow. I think that Reichel and JJ Peterka will become solid NHL players.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
JJ Peterka's skating ability and how he handles the puck reminds me of Robby Fabbri. I think he's got it in him to become a very good complimentary 2nd/3rd line winger.
Lukas Reichel's IQ is excellent and I think that increases the likelihood that he becomes a player. And I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Reichel could also play center, but that he's playing wing for the same reason that Stutzle is playing wing: young guy in a men's league that isn't good at faceoffs yet.

That being said, I hope that both fall to the Red Wings somehow. I think that Reichel and JJ Peterka will become solid NHL players.
I think Reichel projects more as a LW who you would be comfortable putting on the wing of a more offensive C, rather than as a C. Kinda like how Landeskog is a LW next to Mackinnon, but actually does a lot of Mackinnon's defensive work.

Putting Reichel at C would limit the effectiveness of some of his strengths which is on the forecheck and winning board battles. He's already doing well against men as a skinny teenager, but once he puts on some muscle he could be a real force on the boards in the NHL.

Reactions: Halfdan

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
I would be shocked if either one makes it to the 2nd round. Peterka should go 20-30 and Reichel 13-22. Reichel has a bit more potential both good players

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
I prefere Peterka. He is the better allaround-package and he can play center, Reichel not really. Reichel is in my opinion a classic lw.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Surprised the majority is going Reichel here. Peterka for me. Reichel has great IQ but is too average in every other regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad