Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
If he was up for it, I'd rather see him in the Swedish league for a year before Rochester. But I think they'll do everything they can to get him over to Rochester for the start of next season.
I think the right team and role is more important than league. He might benefit from the preseason torture with teams like Skellefteå and Frölunda but not sure he'd be able to get enough ice time during season. The league also has a huge focus on defense nowadays which is good in some ways, bad in others.

If he can get a lot of minutes and possibly break out as a leader in DEL staying put might be good. It's a pretty good league with some high-highs but low lows.

Reactions: couture23

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think the right team and role is more important than league. He might benefit from the preseason torture with teams like Skellefteå and Frölunda but not sure he'd be able to get enough ice time during season. The league also has a huge focus on defense nowadays which is good in some ways, bad in others.

If he can get a lot of minutes and possibly break out as a leader in DEL staying put might be good. It's a pretty good league with some high-highs but low lows.

The focus on D is why I have Svechkov pegged as the 3rd best option to draft. And why I want Helenius with Boston’s 2nd or one of our 3rds.

Preferably both players, but you know, I can’t be too demanding.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I would have liked to have seen the Sabres snag his teammate Justin Schutz when they traded Montour. He was the Panthers 2018 6th round pick. He seems to be a late bloomer.
Justin Schütz at eliteprospects.com
Hockeydb has him under Schutz and Shuetz. Maybe the Panthers are hiding him.
It's just confusion around how to deal with the ü in English. When Germans write it on a keyboard without umlauts, they just add an 'e'. So it would correctly be Schuetz ... but I doubt anyone a Hockeydb understands that.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
It's just confusion around how to deal with the ü in English. When Germans write it on a keyboard without umlauts, they just add an 'e'. So it would correctly be Schuetz ... but I doubt anyone a Hockeydb understands that.
Why do you doubt they know this if they did it correctly?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

They didn't do it correctly. Either way is acceptable but you have to be consistent or you end up with this:

Justin Schutz Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Justin Schuetz Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

They started out with Schutz and switched to Schuetz without merging the profiles.

Schuetz and Schutz are playing on the same team here. :laugh:
Riessersee SC 2018-19 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

I sent Ralph an email

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Fair point. I need to be more careful with my choice of words. Someone does understand but not everyone. Which means they’ve left what we call in my work a “fragmented profile”.

They just need a bit of documentation on this stuff as part of their process for entering new players. It’s hard when you are trying to apply grammar from other languages into an English alphabet. I may know German but if it were a Czech/Slovenian/Russian name if undoubtedly make mistakes trying to anglicise it without guidance.

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Came here quickly thinking JJ Peterka doing thigs in games.:laugh:. Nah. English lessons.:laugh:
Haha. Muenchen dropped out in the quarter finals. JJ is done with his club for the season. He's in the IIHF squad for Germany. The German side played a couple of friendlies against Belarus earlier this month, splitting the results with a win a piece. I'm not sure if JJ was in those games though.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Haha. Muenchen dropped out in the quarter finals. JJ is done with his club for the season. He's in the IIHF squad for Germany. The German side played a couple of friendlies against Belarus earlier this month, splitting the results with a win a piece. I'm not sure if JJ was in those games though.
I heard München dropped out too. :naughty:

BTW, Schuetz is no more. HockeyDB went with Schutz but he is still missing that final season.
It takes a different kind of mind to be a dba.

Reactions: KiwiGriff

RasmWristshotlainen

Jun 24, 2015
Finland
I was wondering where this guy has been for two games, now I found an article:
"As a note, per Chris Peters, Germany hasn’t registered Sabres prospect JJ Peterka for the team yet, which is why he didn’t play in either of the team’s first two games. As Peters said, this is likely a smart team move for flexibility in their roster:
Here are your Sabres-relevant stats after day two in Latvia:
Colin Miller (CAN): 2 GP - 0 G - 0 A
Victor Olofsson (SWE): 1 GP - 0 G - 0 A
JJ Peterka (GER): 0 GP - 0 G - 0 A
Lawrence Pilut (SWE): 1 GP - 0 G - 0 A
Tobias Rieder (GER): 2 GP - 1 G - 0 A
Arttu Ruotsalainen (FIN): 1 GP - 0 G - 0 A
Tage Thompson (USA): 1 GP - 0 G - 0 A"

Tobias Rieder is our key to success! I liked him as a 4th line player past season, would love to have that guy as a 13th forward next year. Also, can't wait for Peterka to join the german squad!

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I wonder why they didn't register him, it's not like Germany is oozing with talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad