Value of: John Gilmour

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
the second coming of gilmour has arrived

send him to toronto so he can help us reach the cf

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Seems like a nobody that does well for a certain stretch of time then sucks for the rest of his career.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Gilmour seems kind of enigmatic in that his strengths and flaws are so glaring that it’s hard to pin what kind of consistent plateau he’ll reach. He’s as fast as they come and can blow through the neutral zone, but his defensive play is, at best, bad, and he’s going to be 25 next season with a couple of middling AHL seasons and a handful of NHL games under his belt. If anything, the Rangers ought to chalk him up to a free asset and keep him around as a 7/8 defenseman who can slot into the third pairing in a pinch. I can’t imagine another franchise seeing enough in his game to be willing to part with any meaningful pieces in exchange for him, save for a late pick.

Reactions: Vaghals
Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
He’s nothing special, there’s a reason Calgary didn’t sign him to an elc. He could be an ok 6th defenseman, but that’s about his ceiling at most and that’s reaching.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Nothing really. I’m happy he’s gotten to play games but I don’t think he has any value. Any team could sign a comparable player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad