Player Discussion John Gilmour

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
why? what did he do so great?

What did he do so great? His skating technique and puck-control are sublime. Very important in today's game. He has offensive vision and play-making abilites. He's the main reason I don't want to draft an offensive RHD in the 2018 draft. Because we have that kind of player in ADA. He easily could QB a proper PP if the coaching wasn't such an inept mess. He needs a coach that helps him with his weaknesses and that gives him the freedom to do what he does best, the way he wants to/can do it!

Dude you're here for two months apparently. You didn't really watch him play, I'm certain, and if you did you may be part of the politically biased people, getting worked up because a politically uneducated american kid (US-default) has some controversial stance on stuff.

Keep all three kids, since their trade value ain't high atm anyhow. Specially Pionk and ADA have shown they deserve to develope in the NHL. ADA's injury came at a f***ed up time, he was playing better and better every game until the injury. He'll get going next year.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Ppl are too quick to jump in any particular direction with these kids. All 3...ada pionk and Gilmour have varying degrees of upsides..all 3 should be nhlers....to me it's all about coaching with all 3.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Pionk strikes me as the safest bet to be a 10 year nhler....ada strikes me as having that boom upside you love to see and Gilmour strikes me as a guy with all the tools to be a 2nd pairing guy but who constantly leaves you wanting more....ala kreider.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Pionk strikes me as the safest bet to be a 10 year nhler....ada strikes me as having that boom upside you love to see and Gilmour strikes me as a guy with all the tools to be a 2nd pairing guy but who constantly leaves you wanting more....ala kreider.

Yeah, I agree with Pionk - he's really made the most of an opportunity and he's a right side player which we sorely need. I'd like to see how he does next year, though, when the games really matter and he's with a set guy on the left side.

Gilmour's got a lot of tools but I'm not sure he's going to put everything together enough to be an NHL regular. We'l see.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
What did he do so great? His skating technique and puck-control are sublime. Very important in today's game. He has offensive vision and play-making abilites. He's the main reason I don't want to draft an offensive RHD in the 2018 draft. Because we have that kind of player in ADA. He easily could QB a proper PP if the coaching wasn't such an inept mess. He needs a coach that helps him with his weaknesses and that gives him the freedom to do what he does best, the way he wants to/can do it!

Dude you're here for two months apparently. You didn't really watch him play, I'm certain, and if you did you may be part of the politically biased people, getting worked up because a politically uneducated american kid (US-default) has some controversial stance on stuff.

Keep all three kids, since their trade value ain't high atm anyhow. Specially Pionk and ADA have shown they deserve to develope in the NHL. ADA's injury came at a ****ed up time, he was playing better and better every game until the injury. He'll get going next year.

I think Pionk has surpassed him. Gilmore is just as good if not better. How many undersized offensive Dmen do we need? I think ADA should get traded. Otherwise somebody gets wasted for no return either in AHL or on waivers.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
why? what did he do so great?
He's an exceptional puck-mover.

tTP31fF.png

hyKDiXo.png

cvuFNQV.png

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
What makes you think either of those is a better NHL option than ADA at this point? I don't see that logic.

From watching them play. ADA might have more trade value because he is a bigger name and former 1st rounder and has more NHL games under his belt.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
can you compare him to Gilmore and Pionk instead of Doughty? He is no Doughty.
Pretty safe bet that if he compares decently to Doughty in terms of entries he likely blows Gilmour and Pionk out of the water in those departments.

And yes, he's a lot worse than Doughty in terms of preventing zone entries against, as those numbers show.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Pretty safe bet that if he compares decently to Doughty in terms of entries he likely blows Gilmour and Pionk out of the water in those departments.

And yes, he's a lot worse than Doughty in terms of preventing zone entries against, as those numbers show.

Or you could say those stats are meaningless... ADA was a disappointment to me, I expected him to be better. If we can get a late 2nd rounder for him, I think we should take it. He is not good defensively and is disappointing offensively.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Or you could say those stats are meaningless... ADA was a disappointment to me, I expected him to be better. If we can get a late 2nd rounder for him, I think we should take it. He is not good defensively and is disappointing offensively.
You could say anything you want, doesn't mean it's true. Those stats mean what they mean - DeAngleo is very good at zone entries. That particular aspect of his game isn't really a matter of opinion.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Last edited:
Reactions: Machinehead

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The points will come over a full season. He is having bad puck luck right now. No goals despite taking and generating a lot of shots, and the Rangers are shooting at 5.62 when he is on the ice (the Rangers average 7.61).

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Both Gilmour and Pionk play a soft game, especially Gilmour. They cough up the puck way too easy when a team has an aggressive forecheck. ADA was really starting to come on when he got hurt.. he is better in offensive zone and also plays a grittier game.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Both Gilmour and Pionk play a soft game, especially Gilmour. They cough up the puck way too easy when a team has an aggressive forecheck. ADA was really starting to come on when he got hurt.. he is better in offensive zone and also plays a grittier game.

no, ADA is just as soft or even softer. ADA 31 hits in 32 games, Pionk 48 hits in 27 games, Gilmour 25 hits in 27 games.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad