Recalled/Assigned: John Gilmour and Vinni Lettieri

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah I'm not worried about a guy being an offensive-minded D and a bit lacking on the back end. You just need to be able to play passable defense. That's all I'd ask. Again, assuming the offense translates. I'm highly skeptical that what Gilmour does in the AHL will lead to points in the NHL.

Every sport has some specialization. Shit, in soccer you have a dozen different types of players that play in the center midfield, guys on defense that also play wingback and midfield, second strikers, etc. It's all over the map. But you still have to succeed in the basics of the position. You're not a wingback if you can't play serviceable in your own end. Same for guys in basketball who have hybrid sizes and skillsets--you want to be an undersized 5 because you have some fantastic post moves? Cool, but you still need to defend and rebound. And we can go on and on for each sport.

So if Gilmour figures out a way to score at an above-average rate, I'd love him back, again assuming he can play passable defense. If he's going to be a 30-point guy and play terrible defense then he's Neal Pionk and we don't need another one of those.

Reactions: RGY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad