Recalled/Assigned: John Gilmour and Vinni Lettieri

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Chytil's got the flu and Fast is a bit banged up. That may have something to do with this.

I don't like the way Gilmour defends but that said it's hard to argue he hasn't earned a shot and considering how shit our power play has looked why not? Lettier's been a point a game player.

Reactions: egelband

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If nothing else, it's a good bonus for two guys who worked hard in a dead end job in Hartford. They get to make the big league money for a few games and maybe someone else is interested after seeing them play.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Chytil's got the flu and Fast is a bit banged up. That may have something to do with this.

I don't like the way Gilmour defends but that said it's hard to argue he hasn't earned a shot and considering how **** our power play has looked why not? Lettier's been a point a game player.
Fast took an un-penalized headshot last game I believe.
Refs only assess penalties when the victimized player flails about to sell it.
Fast plays like a mensch, unfortunately.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Smith at forward instead Andersson and Gilmour instead of Pionk? I hope so. Likely? No bloody way.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017

To be a mensch, he needs a JD and an UES apartment.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

I think Fast was already banged up. I also forgot about that high hit. There are players that sell--he's not the type. From the Vancouver game though--Pettersson got dropped---that was for real and Roussel f***ed up his knee--that was for real too. What wasn't for real that is that any of the on ice officials saw what really happened. They penalized Lemieux though--kind of faking like they did know what happened.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I've pretty much seen what I need to from Letteri, I'm happy Gilmour got called up and it's nothing to do with being able to say Happy Gilmour.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Two absolute trash players
Gilmour leads AHL d-men in points, I believe. I’ve liked him for a while, but I didn’t think he was capable of doing that. I think he has a small chance of becoming a fairly sheltered #5/6 d-man who can play on the 2nd PP unit. If anything, he deserves a call up for what he’s done this year. The least we can do is give him a chance and see what we have in him. He’s earned an NHL call-up more than guys like Hajek and Lindgren.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not a Smith fan at all, but the guy definitely impressed me. Obviously, I don’t want him to be a top 4 d-man for us or block our younger guys, but he’s done a good job.
I can't see us being good again before his contract is up but he's a fine placeholder and maybe we can get something for him if he has another good year next year.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I think Fast was already banged up. I also forgot about that high hit. There are players that sell--he's not the type. From the Vancouver game though--Pettersson got dropped---that was for real and Roussel ****ed up his knee--that was for real too. What wasn't for real that is that any of the on ice officials saw what really happened. They penalized Lemieux though--kind of faking like they did know what happened.
They showed Fast on the bench after that hit and he had his glove off and his hand/wrist was essentially a ball of tape, that’s probably the issue that’s kept him from practicing but in games still

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Gilmours speed coming out of his own end is absolutely world class. Hands down.

He leads all AHL Ds in scoring, that is true, but remember, that is despite not being that super nifty point producing type of D.

I would say that he is good offensively, definitely not terrible defensively (although his mistakes will seen clearly) and a total rocket when he flies up ice with the puck.

With the logjam we have at LD and JGs upcoming UFA status, its felt like he was a lost opportunity. Maybe we can give him — and us especially — a last shot to use this asset.

I am not sure what Gilmour’s game exactly can amount to at the NHL level. But if he got a real shot I would be excited for sure about what type of D he could become in the NHL. Maybe he falls a little short, maybe he could become a bit of a somewhat unique NHL D style-wise with that speed coming out of his own end.

In the end, I know that there are many different opinions out there on JG. I am not saying that some concerns are baseless, but I definitely think that there is a lot of hockey in that kid’s body. Much more than he has been credited for at times.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->