Player Discussion John Gibson

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Why didn’t we start CJ today? Gibson could certainly use the extra day off, and the Isles are better than the Devils
We would have lost if we did that. Probably wanted the more "guaranteed" win I'm guessing

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Love hate relationship with Gibson the past two years. Love that we have the best goalie on the planet. HATE that this best goalie on the planet has kept us from back to back top ten picks. The second of back to back to be seen but we should be no where close to where we are without him

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Love hate relationship with Gibson the past two years. Love that we have the best goalie on the planet. HATE that this best goalie on the planet has kept us from back to back top ten picks. The second of back to back to be seen but we should be no where close to where we are without him

Don't forget about Miller, too. When he has played, he has been outstanding.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah we have the best starter in the league and by far the best backup. Imagine how good we could be if we had a coach who could utilise the rest of the roster properly.
Given that Miller will be a FA after the year, think he'll waive NTC to be traded to a contender or playoff team ? Could possibly get a 6th rounder. When he's healthy again i don't want him ruining the Tank, i want to see Chad Johnson get some starts.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Given that Miller will be a FA after the year, think he'll waive NTC to be traded to a contender or playoff team ? Could possibly get a 6th rounder. When he's healthy again i don't want him ruining the Tank, i want to see Chad Johnson get some starts.
He chose to come to Anaheim because his wife is an actress in LA. Only team I could see him waiving for is the Kings, but they obviously don't need him.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Vegas and SJ would potentionally be an option, since yeah like @duxfan1101 mentioned, Miller wants to be close to his family.
To be honest he seems much happier in that interview then he ever did back when we were a good team
Well he`s recognised as one of the games (current) greats. What`s not to like? A nice change from the doomed ''we will play gritty but get outshot by 20 shots everynight'' environment. But yeah when he was younger, he was more in introvert. Good to see him be like this, good job Gibby!!

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Well he`s recognised as one of the games (current) greats. What`s not to like? A nice change from the doomed ''we will play gritty but get outshot by 20 shots everynight'' environment. But yeah when he was younger, he was more in introvert. Good to see him be like this, good job Gibby!!
It's probably a good mental distraction to get out of the depressing situation in Anaheim. Hope he'll have some fun, because I can only imagine how much not fun it is with the Ducks atm.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I'm probably too young to remember, but I don't remember the last Vezina winner that missed the playoffs.

EDIT: Turns out Bobrovsky did in 2013. Leaving my mistake up. :laugh:

They missed the playoffs by virtue of a tiebreaker though. So really...

Reactions: Getz2perry

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
So far in 2 games he has a 1.00 GAA and .971 Sv% getting a win in each.

Such a great contract he has compared to some other goalies.

Hoping he continues to have a good season and gets better Vezina voting then last season which was too low.

Here is a nice video from last season

Last edited:
Reactions: robbieboy3686

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
It'll be funny if the Ducks find themselves in playoff contention and the media inevitably talk about him as if he's having some breakout year. It's not like he hasn't been a Top 5 goalie for the past 2 seasons before this one already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad