Player Discussion John Gibson

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Someone on the sharks boards said
"Gibson is top goalie in the league and the gap between him and 2nd is bigger than McDavid and 2nd best skater"

pretty strong compliment, id disagree... as I feel like there are 3 goalies up with Gibson(with a couple that can be on a hot season).

Reactions: Ducks DVM

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
It's absurd that Gibson hasn't received the recognition he deserves just yet. He practically carried us to the playoffs in 17-18, finished near the top of the league in just about every goaltending stat, and was rewarded with a 7th place finish in that year's Vezina voting. And last year, if it weren't for him, we'd have certainly had a top-5 pick. Hopefully we'll be able to give him the all-important wins this year, so the media and the voting committees will finally come around.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He was lucky as all hell today.

Oct 18, 2011
Last years results honestly proved alot of the voters just don't watch alot of the games. I don't know how you could watch every goalie last year and rank even 2 guys ahead of him much less 6 or whatever it was

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Last years results honestly proved alot of the voters just don't watch alot of the games. I don't know how you could watch every goalie last year and rank even 2 guys ahead of him much less 6 or whatever it was
I think if you take out that 1 week where we were getting shelled and RC left Gibson in vs Winnipeg... he prob wins it.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Which is worrying because the Vezina is voted on by the GMs not the media! Either the GMs are too caught up on the wins and sv% statistics or they don’t watch the games, which is worse?

Reactions: Vipers31

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Perhaps he can retire as the best goalie ever to do not win the Vezina, this will be his accomplishment.
Pretty sure hell win a vezina... maybe multiple. If he stays healthy he could retire a top 10 goalie of all time

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Someone on the sharks boards said
"Gibson is top goalie in the league and the gap between him and 2nd is bigger than McDavid and 2nd best skater"

pretty strong compliment, id disagree... as I feel like there are 3 goalies up with Gibson(with a couple that can be on a hot season).
That's a nice compliment but to be fair, SJ fans aren't exactly experts on high quality goaltending.

Reactions: Paul4587

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Vasilevskiy gave up 6 goals on 24 shots last night and is sitting on a 0.899 SV%, but he has 4 wins. Shaping up to be another Vezina caliber season for "The Best Goalie in the League." What a joke.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Vasilevskiy gave up 6 goals on 24 shots last night and is sitting on a 0.899 SV%, but he has 4 wins. Shaping up to be another Vezina caliber season for "The Best Goalie in the League." What a joke.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

In fairness last year he was the best goalie in the league. Him and Gibson are very close in terms of ability I think they’re a clear 1 and 2 league wide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad