Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
He has the highest save percentage of any goalie with 100+ games played in NHL history apparently.

I have to wonder why they forgot to mention Phillip Grubauer and Antti Raanta are also both all time top 5 goalies in NHL safe percentage history using this criteria?

- Hasek and Rask are the other top 5 goalies.

- Josh Harding is number 18, just ahead of Cam Talbot at 19.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
Oh nice post. What did I say incorrect.

That the team has won five division titles in six years and had a reputation to play a good defensive game? See I can’t tell when you offer nothing but an insult that isn’t even clear.
There are good individual defensive players but the system itself is bad.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN

Okay, well either way thanks for clearing it up I know it was one or the other.

But honestly I swear, almost every teams fan base thinks their coach’s system is bad.

Guaranteed only a few teams on this board think their coach has a good system.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Obviously the Ducks get outshot most nights but overall they play a much more controlled system than most teams. I definitely wouldn't use that as an excuse to further validate Gibsons stats. He doesnt need that anyway.

Reactions: Frank Drebin
Oct 18, 2011
Okay, well either way thanks for clearing it up I know it was one or the other.

But honestly I swear, almost every teams fan base thinks their coach’s system is bad.

Guaranteed only a few teams on this board think their coach has a good system.
The ducks want to play faster while deploying a collapsing based system that doesn't really pressure the points and as a result the other team owns the puck and teams with skilled defense kill us

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
These f***ing bastards are gonna find a way to a divisional spot even though they don't have half their lineup again. f***!

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Thank goodness for Gibson their first two games of the year haha

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

As a Kings fan I don't know if it's the system, but I can tell the defenseman are pretty good to play as porous as they do. Gibson wins most of their games, not the defense

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Obviously the Ducks get outshot most nights but overall they play a much more controlled system than most teams. I definitely wouldn't use that as an excuse to further validate Gibsons stats. He doesnt need that anyway.
No he would be even betterrrrrr on a different team

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
True, was there ever an idea what happened to Getzlaf ? Saw it live, couldn't really figure it out.
Well get lower body injury, day to day but hell end up out 4 months

I missed it tho was watchin yankees/ufc

Reactions: Sol

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
As a Kings fan I don't know if it's the system, but I can tell the defenseman are pretty good to play as porous as they do. Gibson wins most of their games, not the defense

Between Carlyle's "system" and the injury list we'd be laughably bad without Gibson

Reactions: Sol

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Meh. He plays on a stacked blueline of course he is going to look good. Put him behind a poor defense and he would melt down. In fact wait until the playoffs and he will melt down. Never been a fan.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Meh. He plays on a stacked blueline of course he is going to look good. Put him behind a poor defense and he would melt down. In fact wait until the playoffs and he will melt down. Never been a fan.

I could see having this opinion if the only data you had to work from was the Ducks roster sheet.

They may have four bonafide top 4 D who look good on paper, but clearly they are not a good defensive team and rely on Gibson as much as any team in the league relies on its goalie.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Based on your post, the only reason you aren’t a fan is because you haven’t actually watched him, or Anaheim, play.

Anaheim’s blue line looked anything but stacked the last season. They’ve been rather porous, and the only reason they haven’t been bleeding goals is Gibson.

Your conclusion isn’t based on anything that even approaches fact. Ask Anaheim fans who the MVP of the team was last season. You’ll likely get two names: Getzlaf and Gibson. Ask them how Anaheim has won their first two games. You’ll get one name: Gibson. Just because you can look at a roster doesn’t make your opinion informed.

Gibson is one of the best young goaltenders in the game. The stats back this up, and the eye-test backs this up.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Based on your post, the only reason you aren’t a fan is because you haven’t actually watched him, or Anaheim, play.

Anaheim’s blue line looked anything but stacked the last season. They’ve been rather porous, and the only reason they haven’t been bleeding goals is Gibson.

Your conclusion isn’t based on anything that even approaches fact. Ask Anaheim fans who the MVP of the team was last season. You’ll likely get two names: Getzlaf and Gibson. Ask them how Anaheim has won their first two games. You’ll get one name: Gibson. Just because you can look at a roster doesn’t make your opinion informed.

Gibson is one of the best young goaltenders in the game. The stats back this up, and the eye-test backs this up.

Well I was gonna respond to that hot take of hot takes but it doesn't get better than this.

Although I am kind of aching to ask him for his opinion on Frederik Andersen so we can all get the real motive behind that opinion.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
All I can think is.
I’ve heard about our unbelievable young defense, and every game I get to see, I see blown coverages, and a ton of shots.

We may have great talent on D, butt hey haven’t developed into what many believe they should be as a unit

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

No I haven't watched them play this year you are right. However I was basing my opinions on discussions I had had with Ducks fans mostly on the trade boards over the offseason involving defense trades. So either the defense has been incredibly over rated, or they are just playing inexplicably bad, but if you need your goalie to bail you out to win most nights then you are most certainly not a strong defensive team.

I am making my way to watching the ducks though. Just I can only watch 1 game most nights and sometimes 2, and I follow two teams so yeah lol

Well I was gonna respond to that hot take of hot takes but it doesn't get better than this.

Although I am kind of aching to ask him for his opinion on Frederik Andersen so we can all get the real motive behind that opinion.

The difference is no one pretends that the Leafs have a top defense and that Andersen is not saving their asses a lot of nights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->