John Gibson 41 save shutout

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He looks unreal this year. Has been best player on ice both games thus far, he is a lot more calm this season.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
He should of finished higher in Vezina voting last season hopefully he continues to do so well and gets the recognition he deserves for his play.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
A lot of people will rub this off as a, "yeah, we've seen this shit before, big deal" and thats where you know they didn't watch a lick of him against San Jose or Arizona, tonight.

Unbelievable how he handled himself, not to mention on a 6 on 3.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gibson is great but lets not get ahead of yourself . As a fan of a team that played Arizona prior to you guy their offense is bad . It helps to play against a team that can't seem to find the back of the net to get shutouts :thumbu:

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gibson is great but lets not get ahead of yourself . As a fan of a team that played Arizona prior to you guy their offense is bad . It helps to play against a team that can't seem to find the back of the net to get shutouts :thumbu:
What is there to get ahead of? This is a guy that practically dragged his broken team into the playoffs singlehandedly. There really shouldn't be a question that the guy has arrived by now. Put Gibson on a better team with more media coverage and he would've been the runaway favorite for the Vezina last year. The degree to which Anaheim would leave him out to dry last year was unreal and hasn't gotten remotely better yet.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
So underrated. This is one of the reasons I didn’t count Anaheim out when seemingly most did.

I didn’t want to make a threaded on this but since it’s about goalies tonight.

Carter Hutton was so close to a shutout made 43 saves on 44 shots, 10-15 of them were absolute robbery, he played the puck well he pokecheccked he was something else.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What is there to get ahead of? This is a guy that practically dragged his broken team into the playoffs singlehandedly. There really shouldn't be a question that the guy has arrived by now. Put Gibson on a better team with more media coverage and he would've been the runaway favorite for the Vezina last year. The degree to which Anaheim would leave him out to dry last year was unreal and hasn't gotten remotely better yet.

Well Arizona has not scored a goal yet despite having a ton of shots ( in both games ) so while Gibson is a Vezina caliber goalie the Yotes don't exactly look like a team that is a great threat to score alot.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Well Arizona has not scored a goal yet despite having a ton of shots ( in both games ) so while Gibson is a Vezina caliber goalie the Yotes don't exactly look like a team that is a great threat to score alot.

That’s been the story for like 20 years.

When people predict them to improve I say uh who in thr pacific are they jumping over and how many goals are they scoring again, and from who?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The guy killed it last year too. And the year before.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
Cannot help but shake my damn head reading some of these posts. Gibson was unreal tonight. The Yotes had multiple grade A chances. And no the offense is not bad. Sure puck luck has a lot to do with it but Gibson stood on his head tonight.

Reactions: HanSolo

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
I just imagine what the number might have been if he had an LA or Nashville caliber defensive system in front of him.

Anaheim always plays a good defensive game and has a good defender, there too dour is extremely solid and alawaus has been.

They’ve won 5 of the last 6 division titles and were within one game of the cup finals in 2015 and 2017.

That being said Gibson is the man.

I want my buddy okay he’s not really my buddy but I worked with him and he was a friend for a year in angus Redmond who the ducks gave 750 k for and is on their echl affiliate to get a start.

Doesn’t look like beef (his nickname) will get a chance with Gibson and miller there.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Anaheim always plays a good defensive game and has a good defender, there too dour is extremely solid and alawaus has been.

They’ve won 5 of the last 6 division titles and were within one game of the cup finals in 2015 and 2017.

I want my buddy okay he’s not really my buddy but I worked with him and he was a friend for a year in angus Redmond who the ducks gave 750 k for and is on their echl affiliate to get a start.

Doesn’t look like beef (his nickname) will get a chance with Gibson and miller there.
Always? How many Anaheim games did you watch last year?

Reactions: TheNeutrality

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

You have no idea what you are you talking about.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad