John Forslund named Seattle Kraken TV voice

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Super pumped for this. Easily one of my favorite NHL voices. Hoping Trip Tracy comes with him

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Wow Congrats to John Forslund and Congrats to Seattle Kraken you are getting a great Hockey Announcer

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Other news is Seattle is going with root sports for tv. (not surprised cause i was expecting that they would do that) which is causing some of the fanbase to start bashing the team over the choice.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Other news is Seattle is going with root sports for tv. (not surprised cause i was expecting that they would do that) which is causing some of the fanbase to start bashing the team over the choice.
I think there is a good reason to do that. I cut the cord last month with Comcast and went with FuboTV who does NOT have ROOT. Only streaming options seem to be ATT TV NOW.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I think there is a good reason to do that. I cut the cord last month with Comcast and went with FuboTV who does NOT have ROOT. Only streaming options seem to be ATT TV NOW.

Nothing says the team can't that i can find announce a streaming option like amazon video for example. I don't recall games being exclusive to only ATT TV now service for streaming. Its just tv exclusiveness.

But serious what do people want? Joetv like the sounders did? or some other network hats extremely limited in coverage.

Last edited:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Nothing says the team can announce a streaming option like amazon video for example. I don't recall games being exclusive to only ATT TV now service for streaming. Its just tv exclusiveness.

But serious what do people want? Joetv like the sounders did? or some other network hats extremely limited in coverage.
Honestly, I was hoping it would be a local channel (like Fox or Fox Sports) that could show the game.

I do not follow the Sounders as much nor do I know much about how popular/unpopular JoeTV is. All I do care about is being able to see games for the local teams easily. The selection of a channel that is not available on most networks does bother me. Hopefully they have a streaming option for local fans that is free or very cheap.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
I like the experienced voice in Forslund coming in. Feels like a natural hire because of his relationship with Ron Francis.

Love his and Everett’s enthusiasm.

I do feel bad for the cord cutters and Root sports situation. Hopefully they’ll find a solution that works for all.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Just saw the news, very nice! My fellow Flyers fans were hoping to foist Jim Jackson on us, but I've already paid those dues.

Reactions: Tao Jones

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I like the experienced voice in Forslund coming in. Feels like a natural hire because of his relationship with Ron Francis.

Love his and Everett’s enthusiasm.

I do feel bad for the cord cutters and Root sports situation. Hopefully they’ll find a solution that works for all.
Yeah. I sure hope so. The big problem going with ROOT Sports is that it is a division of ATT. So DirecTV and ATT will have the channel but could be problematic for other networks.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Yeah. I sure hope so. The big problem going with ROOT Sports is that it is a division of ATT. So DirecTV and ATT will have the channel but could be problematic for other networks.
So far they have done just about everything right as an organization.

They’d be smart to find a solution that works, as they are a new team that wants the biggest fan base.

I’d contact the team with your concerns. There has to be others in the same boat.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
So far they have done just about everything right as an organization.

They’d be smart to find a solution that works, as they are a new team that wants the biggest fan base.

I’d contact the team with your concerns. There has to be others in the same boat.
I agree. I am pretty excited about the team and the way the organization has handled things gives me confidence that they have some kind of plan in mind. I have already reached out to them about concerns with ROOT Sports as the 'only' option and hope they provide more options.

I will be honest here. I will switch to ATT TV Now if push comes to shove and I dont have any other option. Or even get that during Hockey season to watch the Kraken. But I feel for others who do not have the option to shell out 80+ dollars a month just to watch the Kraken.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Tuned Up for Puck Drop

No where does it say streaming rights. This is just for TV rights.

Just what I heard back.

Thank you for reaching out to us! We want all of our fans around the Pacific Northwest to be able to watch Kraken games and ROOT SPORTS had the best distribution channel to fit that vision. We believed ROOT’s experience broadcasting sports specifically for the Pacific Northwest, along with their distribution networks made the most sense for our broadcast needs. We’re excited about our fans getting this truly Northwest partner. It’s also an opportunity to join forces with a legacy brand, The Mariners, and build a true sports network for the Seattle sports fan, and must see programming. They also have a legacy in the NHL – having launched Vegas and having the rights to the Penguins games as well. At this time games will be available through ROOT SPORTS distribution channels exclusively. We apologize for difficulties this may cause but truly believe it is the best opportunity for Kraken fans in the Northwest. Is there anything we can assist you with in the meantime?
Thank you,
Seattle Kraken

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Just what I heard back.

I don't think the person that responded to your inquire really knows what the actually plans are and is only saying what is already well publicaly known.

Also "ROOT SPORTS distribution channels exclusively" as in TV. No where from the response i saw anything in regards to streaming exclusively through root sports aka AT&T now.

I still think there will be a separate streaming for the team. They just haven't announced it yet. Only time will tell if that is actually a case but i don't think the team would really limit them selves streaming wise to AT&T now only. That just throwing $$$ out the window.

If that was also their streaming plans, they would have said so through the press release.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I don't think the person that responded to your inquire really knows what the actually plans are and is only saying what is already well publicaly known.

Also "ROOT SPORTS distribution channels exclusively" as in TV. No where from the response i saw anything in regards to streaming exclusively through root sports aka AT&T now.

I still think there will be a separate streaming for the team. They just haven't announced it yet. Only time will tell if that is actually a case but i don't think the team would really limit them selves streaming wise to AT&T now only. That just throwing $$$ out the window.

If that was also their streaming plans, they would have said so through the press release.
Oh, I am 100% sure this person does not know what the plans by the Kraken are. Hoping that they do offer a streaming option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad