WWE: John Cena taking significant time off; WWE forced to push Ambrose?

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Ziggler going over Cena clean then give him a shot to mimic what Cena did in putting on 4 star matches every week.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Now until the end of the year is the dead period.

King Rapadooooooo will be back to make a title run at Rumble. Mark it down.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Have Cesaro DESTROY Cena at HIAC. You can make him a made man in one night.

*sighs*

but of course that will never happen.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah I was just being a dick.

I think most wrestlers should be forced to take a month off a year..at least. Cena certainly has earned time away no matter what I think about him.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Yeah I was just being a dick.

I think most wrestlers should be forced to take a month off a year..at least. Cena certainly has earned time away no matter what I think about him.

realistically a guy can be limited to RAW & PPV only and essentially work 5nights in 30ish days. That should be doable for everyone on the roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think there's enough mid card talent to have two secondary championships.

I think there definitely is if you're going to keep filtering NXT talent through. You have a 3-hour Raw, they should be fighting for something.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I think there definitely is if you're going to keep filtering NXT talent through. You have a 3-hour Raw, they should be fighting for something.

Excellent point, and have to agree.

Just like any pro sport team, depth is critical on the farm when injuries creep up.

NXT has guys who can come in and get the fans engaged. Is this maybe where we see Finn Balor come up? He's said he doesn't want to move up right away, but this may be a point where the company makes the call. Tyler Breeze can take the NXT belt, and maintain a lot of what they have going there.

The sad part is this is far less likely than just getting Big Show, Sheamus, and Kane crammed down our throat.

Vince just loves those big guys...

Dont Hinder Jinder

Friend of Rick Bognar
Oct 14, 2011
So he'll be back in time to be a surprise entrant at the Royal Rumble and win it all against all odds...Great...

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'd love for Cesaro to win the title, however, I see Cena vacating it because he won't be pinned by anyone, and if he is it would involve the entire US army with tanks to keep his shoulders to the mat for a 3.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Excellent point, and have to agree.

Just like any pro sport team, depth is critical on the farm when injuries creep up.

NXT has guys who can come in and get the fans engaged. Is this maybe where we see Finn Balor come up? He's said he doesn't want to move up right away, but this may be a point where the company makes the call. Tyler Breeze can take the NXT belt, and maintain a lot of what they have going there.

The sad part is this is far less likely than just getting Big Show, Sheamus, and Kane crammed down our throat.

Vince just loves those big guys...

Depth only matters if you also understand that at some point you need to open spots for them and give them tools to succeed at the next level. There is a place for guys like Big Show, Mark Henry, and Kane. That's in the midcard putting over upcoming talent and not with top talent as a jobber. Sheamus can be a legitimate main event transitional player and that's fine. He shouldn't ever be given the title though but him challenging for it now and then is perfectly acceptable to me. The briefcase should be given to someone who can talk well. While I like the Reigns-Wyatt feud overall, Wyatt should've been the one to win Money in the Bank. They should've had Rollins drop the title to Ambrose and then Wyatt could've cashed in on him relatively soon after and then Reigns could have started the chase at this point.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd love for Cesaro to win the title, however, I see Cena vacating it because he won't be pinned by anyone, and if he is it would involve the entire US army with tanks to keep his shoulders to the mat for a 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if he eats a pin on the way out. He did it for DB. It's just that he may point out that he's got issues to take care of or something to that effect.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Bryan is pratically the guy's brother-in-law. Very different.

Not all that different. He was injured. People knew he was leaving. He ate the pin to drop the title. I understand being skeptical of him eating a pin and I'm not saying he'll definitely do it but it shouldn't be a shock to people if he does. It's real simple. Cena versus anyone. KO interferes costing Cena the title and then goes super heel to knock him out of it. Then you've set up Cena-KO again for the IC strap and it's a different dynamic on something that isn't stale yet which is rare with Cena involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad