TSN: John Bartlett returns to Sportsnet to call Leafs games. Brian Mudryk named replacement

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Wasn't that Paul romanuk's gig? Wonder what they are going to do with him.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Hope they give us Dave Randorf with Cassie Campbell and Denis Potvin on colour commentary. It’s the pain we deserve.

Reactions: Et le But

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Damn, I liked Bartlett. That's too bad. Wonder who he gets replaced with. Maybe Dan Robertson from TSN 690?

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I thought Joe Bowen was still going to call Leafs games. Maybe they figure that the Leafs will be so popular this season that they'll have 2 broadcast crews for viewers to choose from for every game.

TSN probably already knows that the Habs' regional package is going to be a money pit for them this season. They'll hire D-list talent like they and The Score used to do in the dying days of the Expos.

Who's the hockey equivalent of Sam Cosentino and Tom Valcke these days?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I thought Joe Bowen was still going to call Leafs games. Maybe they figure that the Leafs will be so popular this season that they'll have 2 broadcast crews for viewers to choose from for every game.

TSN probably already knows that the Habs' regional package is going to be a money pit for them this season. They'll hire D-list talent like they and The Score used to do in the dying days of the Expos.

Who's the hockey equivalent of Sam Cosentino and Tom Valcke these days?

I think Bowen still does the gig, but on radio, not TV. I think its been that way for a long time now.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
He was doing games on TV as well last season but I read now that his new contract is only for radio.

He's actually been radio only for years. He didn't do any tv games last season. You may have been mixed up because fans hated Romanuk so much they would sync up his radio calls to TV replays and share those instead.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Hope they give us Dave Randorf with Cassie Campbell and Denis Potvin on colour commentary. It’s the pain we deserve.
Dean Brown and Denis Potvin doing the call would be the biggest middle finger to Habs fans that TSN could do. I couldn't stand to listen to Sens games back in the day because of their calls.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't get the hate toward Romanuk. I can remember listening to him calling Oshawa Generals games back in the 80's. He's always had the pipes. If I recall correctly it was Romanuk who did the play-by-play on TSN for the last game at the Forum and he did a fine job of it. We could do worse than him as our regular PBP guy. Would you rather have Dave Randorf full time? I wouldn't.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bartlett replaces Romanuk who left Sportsnet. And it wouldn't surprise me if Romanuk replaces Bartlett as Habs play-by-play for TSN.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017

I didn't mind Bartlett but I hope this clears the way for TSN to have Gord Miller or Chris Cuthbert to start calling games. The team may be tough to watch but at least those guys will make it easier to listen to games.

Nothing will make it easier to listen to the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad