Confirmed with Link: Johansson traded to NJD for 2nd and 3rd rd picks in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I was very critical of him until his last year with us. We need to remember that without him, maybe the Leafs humiliate us and defeat us in the first round. He was very clutch for us in game 6. He evolved in a very useful player, one that you could put anywhere in your lineup.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I was very critical of him until his last year with us. We need to remember that without him, maybe the Leafs humiliate us and defeat us in the first round. He was very clutch for us in game 6. He evolved in a very useful player, one that you could put anywhere in your lineup.

But where was he with his heroics all those other times? Been in DC for like 7 years and this was the highlight of his career.
He can swing and miss right in font of the net now for the Devils...

:devdance:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
His reputation for missing shots wide from close-in was based almost entirely on the tenure of Adam Oates as head coach of the Capitals. After Oates left, Johansson admitted that Oates made him change the curve of his stick and he had issues with it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Poor Mojo, delegated to living in dreary old manhattan

caddyshack1jpg-c97dffb159d548d8.jpg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
But where was he with his heroics all those other times? Been in DC for like 7 years and this was the highlight of his career.

there was a playoff game v the rangers where the Caps were down 2 goals and Johansson scored two to tie the game. that was a highlight

This one here was highlight reel stuff.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012

he was a disappointing player before the last year, but he progressed nicely under trotz. he became a good player. solid defensively and certainly not soft. i wouldn't be surprise if he's going to do well in NJ. i mean we spent so much time in him and when he's there in terms of being a useful player, he was traded.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Mojo is a legit second line player, always has been. He was a whipping boy here for years because every team has a top six player who is. He brought speed and skill his entire career and struggled in some other areas. Not every top six player is Oshie. For what he was, he was a good player. He was a late first rounder who developed quite nicely, good find and some very positive years in a Caps sweater. Look at that draft and all the players selected above him who aren't half the player he is. Not really going to MISS him but he most certainly was a subtraction of talent when he was traded away. Hopefully a guy like Vrana can eventually replace his production on a cheaper deal for awhile.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We shouldn't keep bumping an old thread about a player move when the real topic is the power play and debate about that player's value to it.

Someone start a new thread about this specific issue or take it to the general discussion, please.

edit: nvm, I moved the posts to a new thread and am closing this one

PP/mojo discussion here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/the-power-plays-missing-mojo.2427935/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->