WGR: Johansson is not feeling comfortable with the puck

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Marcus Johansson said it has to do with his sticks

Sabres' Johansson is not feeling comfortable with the puck

“My hands haven’t felt right and things haven’t felt like myself with the puck, and it’s something I’m working on to get that feel back. It’s confidence with the puck and doing what I’m good at hasn’t been where it normally is, and it’s something I’m working on to try to get back. I think it’s more the fact that I switched sticks that hasn’t felt right. I’ve changed the model a little bit. Bauer came out with a new model, but it’s the same curve and same stick otherwise, but it hasn’t felt right since then.”

He should let Risto break in his sticks. :D

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I know the points aren't really there but I'm generally pleased with his performance most nights. Extra scoring touch would be great though

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Marcus Johansson said it has to do with his sticks

Sabres' Johansson is not feeling comfortable with the puck

“My hands haven’t felt right and things haven’t felt like myself with the puck, and it’s something I’m working on to get that feel back. It’s confidence with the puck and doing what I’m good at hasn’t been where it normally is, and it’s something I’m working on to try to get back. I think it’s more the fact that I switched sticks that hasn’t felt right. I’ve changed the model a little bit. Bauer came out with a new model, but it’s the same curve and same stick otherwise, but it hasn’t felt right since then.”

He should let Risto break in his sticks. :D

He needs to see if Bauer can make some more of his Vapor 1X Lite sticks that he used with the Bs and earlier this season.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Sounds like Johansson needs to sneak in to Tre White's goalie academy to me.

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
I thought Johansson the first 10 games was our second best player....not sure where that fits in on all of this.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
MyBauer Sticks | BAUER

OK, so I went and looked at the Bauer Stick Customizer.

If he is using a somewhat stock Vapor Flylite, then maybe he should do a Pro Custom stick with a Medium (Nexus) or soft blade core instead of the stiff blade core that the Flylite has...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad