Player Discussion Johan Larsson

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
I'd give Girgs and Larry matching 3yr deals
Line 4 has been working so well. Let's keep that going.

Can't understand why people think these guys are expendable just because they haven't produced the offence expected of them earlier in their careers.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Line 4 has been working so well. Let's keep that going.

Can't understand why people think these guys are expendable just because they haven't produced the offence expected of them earlier in their careers.
If the line combines for 60+ points I'd call it pretty successful

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1582585728974.jpg

MOAR LOG~!~!~!

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I would like them to get started on an extension right now. Get someone who is part of a working line re-signed to something reasonable and not create an even bigger hole going forward, show some pro-active steps. Don't be conventional, please.
Matching 3y $8m deals for Gus & Larry, $1m+ raise & would still just be 29 & 30 for their next Roussel/Beagle type deals.

Larry is the priority for sure, but this should've been done last summer, as we know.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Matching 3y $8m deals for Gus & Larry, $1m+ raise & would still just be 29 & 30 for their next Roussel/Beagle type deals.

Larry is the priority for sure, but this should've been done last summer, as we know.

I could get behind that. I know the conventional wisdom will be that this year was somehow atypical - I await PHam's quest to jettison both grinding back into motion now that he's returned from his time away. There is a cross-section of the fanbase that hate them both and will not like it. And that shouldn't matter a freaking jott. They are good at what they do. Keep what works, scrap what doesn't. Stop scrapping the parts that work.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Why would they take less than Roussel/Beagle when they are younger and better?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I'm being dead serious when I say I would offer Larsson a deal, today, that he absolutely cannot refuse.

4-5 years / 4-5 million per

Losing him is catastrophic, it makes the offseason virtually unwinnable.

Winning contract negotiations is not an option.

Reactions: PatrikBerglund

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
About a year ago it seemed like Larsson was insecure if he'd even get a one way contract in the league (based on comments to swedish media). He should probably see his value now or at least his agent will.

There was a pretty good opportunity for a long term deal with very low cap hit.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
About a year ago it seemed like Larsson was insecure if he'd even get a one way contract in the league (based on comments to swedish media). He should probably see his value now or at least his agent will.

There was a pretty good opportunity for a long term deal with very low cap hit.

2 years ago, I wanted to do a 6 year deal at 3.5 per.... and was told I was a loon...

That would leave 4 x 3.5 remaining.... which would be perfect right now

oh well...

Reactions: HaNotsri

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
:sighs: was just an example man, Roussel/Beagles mid 20 contracts were $2m & $1.75 and they were similar players as Girgs/Larry and this would align with raises for LG in a similar situation. You know players often get overpaid as they near 30 on those last deals. Just projecting a little, still not sure how these guys are valued around the league and what they'd be willing to turn down.

If you wanna overpay them a bit more sure, I have no problem with paying Larry more.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
:sighs: was just an example man, Roussel/Beagles mid 20 contracts were $2m & $1.75 and they were similar players as Girgs/Larry and this would align with raises for LG in a similar situation. You know players often get overpaid as they near 30 on those last deals. Just projecting a little, still not sure how these guys are valued around the league and what they'd be willing to turn down.

If you wanna overpay them a bit more sure, I have no problem with paying Larry more.

:sigh: just trying to help here....

Roussel's 4 x 2.0 contract was when he was RFA... so it is simply not comparable

Beagle's 3 x 1.75 was in 2015... why would that contract be more relevant than the contract he signed in 2018?

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I'm being dead serious when I say I would offer Larsson a deal, today, that he absolutely cannot refuse.

4-5 years / 4-5 million per

Losing him is catastrophic, it makes the offseason virtually unwinnable.

Winning contract negotiations is not an option.

4 mil per for 5 years.

Done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad