Player Discussion Johan Larsson

Sabrehack

Aug 30, 2018
Really hope this is with intention to add him as a piece in a trade. Granted he and Girgs were decent on the PK.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Great that he's signed!

Sounds like they have penciled in Asplund at the very least on the roster for next year. I know that Girgs is going to want to stay - he has really put down roots in the area - but Botts is waiting to see how it goes this season, which is smart.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I'd prefer two years but VERY glad he's back. Great news...I was nervous after those reports of him leaving came through.

Even more surprised his number is lower than Girgs...I wonder what the logic is there (doesn't bother me, just curious).

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I'd prefer two years but VERY glad he's back. Great news...I was nervous after those reports of him leaving came through.

Even more surprised his number is lower than Girgs...I wonder what the logic is there (doesn't bother me, just curious).
Pretty sure they both signed their QO equivalents.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Larsson was slightly up, accordingly to Hamilton’s report a month ago.

1.475 QO vs 1.55 result

Wasn't the QO based on final year salary ($1.55M)? Isn't that why the Meier deal is so fascinating because the final year of it is massive and would require a $10M QO?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Wasn't the QO based on final year salary ($1.55M)? Isn't that why the Meier deal is so fascinating because the final year of it is massive and would require a $10M QO?

Could be. I also always thought QO’s were higher than the previous years salary, but Hamilton had larsson at 1.475 and McCabe at 1.6.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Another year of Larsson and Girgensons. :party:

During the streak, and for most of the season, Girgensons - Larsson - Okposo / Rodrigues was our 2nd most effective line, and often deployed as such...

Skinner - Eichel - Pommer/Reinhart was 1, and no one can debate that.

Who was your second most effective line? I’m curious.

Reactions: slip and Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
QO is based on previous year's salary. They only get the 10% bump if it's under $660K and a 5% bump if it's under a million per.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad