Confirmed with Link: Johan Larsson signs. 1 year deal worth $1.55M

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
True. Unless MoJo or Reinhart can effectively re-learn the position. But I was more referring to just the number of "NHL" players under contract. We may be icing one of the most expensive AHL squads of all time.
You could argue that's how to properly use the pegula bucks.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Larson is one of those guys where I'm curious to see what a deeper team with a (presumably) better coach does to his overall contribution. Maybe with a Johansson and a better cast of characters on defense and up and down the lineup will be a positive on the score sheet.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Larson is one of those guys where I'm curious to see what a deeper team with a (presumably) better coach does to his overall contribution. Maybe with a Johansson and a better cast of characters on defense and up and down the lineup will be a positive on the score sheet.
I expect there will be a bump in his counting stats simply from better overall talent (regardless of whether it's on his line or not) resulting in a lower percentage of D-zone deployments. And also better coaching to the whole squad. If there is no bump in counting stats, then I'm still not worried, as he is nowhere near the bottom of the talent ladder on this Sabres roster.

All that said, I wish the deal was for 2-3 years, HOWEVER, with the expansion draft coming, I can see the logic in (potentially) letting his contract expire such that there is one less player to contemplate protecting.

Reactions: Sabreality

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Glad he’s signed but I was kind of hoping for something with a bit more term (2-3yrs). Looking at spotrac and CapFriendly, he will be UFA when this deal ends.

Reactions: paulmm3

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Angry Larry.png

Reactions: Freeeeedom

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Man I wish they would have signed him for more than a year. Larry is a beast. Really nice player. Give the guy like 5 years

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
again.. roster surgery... blaaa.... blaaa... blaaa

I think people whining about "roster surgery" has gotten the surgeon confused with the ol' feldsher (or barber surgeon if you will). Surgery is a precise and delicate endeavour where the surgeon carefully fixes what is broken instead of cutting off entire limbs, which is what the old time feldsher would have done.

Reactions: Chainshot

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
You could argue that's how to properly use the pegula bucks.

Pegula bucks is a myth. People need to stop believing this. He pinches fans all over the rink and he's going after salary. After refusing to pay Ryan O'Reilly's bonus and getting way less in a trade, why does anybody even think this?

Drill another well. He just keeps drilling into my wallet

Reactions: Rasmus CacOlainen

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Hes so bad. I hope sufficient number of players can beat him to a roster spot in camp so he can be waived and claimed by another even stupider organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->