Recalled/Assigned: Johan Gustafsson (Jan 20: Recalled)

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Per @mnwild

BXbvU7XCAAAmqwu.jpg:large

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Ideally, I'd like to see him have a full year in the AHL to get acclimated to the North American game and speed, but I'm excited to see what he can do. I'm currently banking on him versus Kuemper as our "goalie of the future".

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
He did not have a great night last night against Chicago. I still think he has a bright future though and overall its been a pretty good start in the AHL.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
bottom line is that we need a backup, and Kuemper was poop last time he was up.

Billy Mays Here*

Glad to see him get called up, but a little worried as he was pretty bad against St. Louis in the pre-season.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Excited to see what he can do if he plays. He seems to have gotten off to a pretty good start in Iowa. I really like his style/the way he plays from what I have watched of him. Hopefully he keeps developing and improving obviously, this NHL stint should help that

J22*

Doesnt that idiot Yeo realize that if he has a less than 100% Harding, backing up a less than 100% Backstrom, he's really running a HUGE risk of having both goalies injured and being forced to start an unproven rookie?
If Yeo had any brains at all, he would start an unproven rookie until both Backstrom and Harding are 100% so we wont have to worry about relying on unproven rookies.

did I do it right?

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Gustafsson has been called up today, according to Wild PR. Harding now on IR.

Billy Mays Here*

Thank goodness it's Johan and not Kuemper. Not that I'm all that confident in Gustafsson either but he can't possibly look any worse than Kuemper has so far.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
Recalled again today, according to Russo

Russo said:
Niklas Backstrom will be off the ice for a few days because he had another injection in what coach Mike Yeo is calling "a nagging lower-body injury," so the Wild has recalled Johan Gustafsson from AHL Iowa to back up Darcy Kuemper on Tuesday night in Dallas.

Also, Josh Harding, who practiced all last week, didn't practice today because Yeo said he's not feeling well again.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/241167141.html

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Who plays goalie in Houston when both Kuemper and Gustafsson are up here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad