Joffrey Lupul...how good can he be?

• Thread starter Randall Graves*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

I am a Ducks fan,I was happy to see Lupul record a hatty in the young stars game,he could have had 2 or 3 more. I don't know if he's still considered a prospect but I like him,he has a great shot,underrated playmaking ability and the will to wanna be a great player. Earlier in the season he was sent to the minors,since coming back he has been doing the little things better. Things like paying the price,going to the net,starting to consistantly go to corners, etc.

So what do those of you here at HF think of this guy?a recent article compared him to Audette,I think he will be a better player myself but what is this guys potential and what do you guys think he will do?Will he be the next great goal scorer?will he be average?I hear people say he is a notch below the Nash's,Spezza's and Kovalchuks of the world but I believe he can be our cornerstone player.

thoughts?

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Personally I love Lupul. I think he has a scary good shot, in terms of release, power, and accuracy he has possibily the biggest potential I've seen in a little while to be the type of guy to scare goaltenders coming down the wing on a odd number rush or of the half boards on the powerplay.

I think he can be a 40 goal scorer despite his lack of foot speed and slightly above average puck handling, simply because of his amazing shot.

That's just me.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
From what I've seen of him he has extremely high potential. Great stickhandling and moves for a big guy. Pretty hard to do comparisons at any point, just be happy you've got a bluechipper like Lupul.

Randall Graves*

luongofan said:
I always have liked Lupul and wanted the Panthers to trade up and take him back in 2002. I think he can be a 70 point player in the future and I would love to see it.
I think he could be an 80-90 point player 5 years down the road...He will have a guy who I really like in Getzlaf centering him(most likely) and have Chistov feeding him pucks left and right.

I just really like this guys game if he adds some weight and consistantly becomes a physical pressence I can see him being a Shanahan like player minus the fighting.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
He could be an 80-90 point guy...

But really, isn't that just guesswork?

More likelly, 30 goal, 60 point guy.

Some years of 25 goals, some years of 35+ goals...

If the NHL continues to loose scoring, probably a 25 goal type guy for the next 5 years.

st_roland

30 goal, 60 point sounds about right. Hes got a wicked shot, but his puck handling and skating aren't anything to write home about. But then again, i've only seen him in like 2 to 3 games.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
RallyKiller said:
I think he could be an 80-90 point player 5 years down the road...He will have a guy who I really like in Getzlaf centering him(most likely) and have Chistov feeding him pucks left and right.

I just really like this guys game if he adds some weight and consistantly becomes a physical pressence I can see him being a Shanahan like player minus the fighting.

I think that is definately a little bit too high. If you look at somebody like Horton, they say his potential is in that range. I think my assumption of around 70 points is pretty good.

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
luongofan said:
I think that is definately a little bit too high. If you look at somebody like Horton, they say his potential is in that range. I think my assumption of around 70 points is pretty good.

He's a goal scorer, once he scores 30 goals in a year no looking back. Perenial 30 goal scorer, with a few 40 goal years. 70 points sounds good to me.

Randall Graves*

luongofan said:
Why is that too high?He has underrated playmaking/passing ability,its better then he's given credit for. He does seem to get discouraged at times along the boards when things don't go his way.

With Chistov feeding this guy pucks in the future I see no reason against him becoming a 30-40 goal type of guy he has 14 assists right now,I expect him to hit 30 assists and 15-20 goals next season if he continues to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->