Salary Cap: Joffrey Lupul comes off the books Sunday...

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Outside of Tavares, how would you like that money spent?

Yes I know his LTIR didn't affect our cap, but he has been a pain in the arse for a while. He still was a conversation every single season up until he failed a physical and then another physical (second opinion).

Pretty terrible contract for a guy who was injuried most of his career. Yet his little spike period made Nonis pay him like an all star.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Outside of Tavares, how would you like that money spent?

Yes I know his LTIR didn't affect our cap, but he has been a pain in the arse for a while. He still was a conversation every single season up until he failed a physical and then another physical (second opinion).

Pretty terrible contract for a guy who was injuried most of his career. Yet his little spike period made Nonis pay him like an all star.

Apparently full LTIR relief is not available until the season starts. So Lupul coming off is a huge. Can someone confirm?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
While I agree with LF, that he will likely never play again, given there was some controversy last year, about whether he was actually injured, it might be interesting to see if he attempts a comeback.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Apparently Lupul was spotted leaving Robidas Island:
P1lS4TI.jpg

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I think that must have been one of the best trades in the last couple decades. we got Gardiner and Lupul for a beginning to wash up Beauchemin.

I disagree. Beauchemin had probably more better seasons than Gardiner and Lupul since that trade. I would say he is washed up now, but his only season with the leafs he was paired with Mike Komisarek.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
That lockout shortened season when he came back from injury and played with Kadri, he was dominant!

The 4-0 win on March 30th in Ottawa where he racked up 4 points and Naz got a hat trick and his first game back vs Winnipeg earlier in March scoring on his first shift.

Unfortunate he had injury problems, loved him as a player.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
He was so fun to watch in 2013-14 as a Leaf...sad to see what's happened to him over the years with injuries and what not but very excited his cap hit is off the books soon.

Hope he's doing well though.

Reactions: Al14

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Was it Lupul that they extended when he was injured? It was him or Liles. One of the L names.

Reactions: Blufreezy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad