joey ryan's stock

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Leslie Treff said:
About, Ryan.---Don't know how many of you know, but his whole torso is literally covered with body art. This was commented upon by several scouts I was talking to at the Combine. It was not appreciated, and could actually affect where he goes in the draft. A tatoo here and there was not a problem, but he was covered and eyebrows were raised. I am not sure where he will go, but I did want to throw this into the mix as part of this discussion.

I think it depends on what came out of his interviews. If teams found out those were meaningful events in his life put into the form of body art--which he described to them in the interview--then I don't think there's any problem.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Leslie Treff said:
About, Ryan.---Don't know how many of you know, but his whole torso is literally covered with body art. This was commented upon by several scouts I was talking to at the Combine. It was not appreciated, and could actually affect where he goes in the draft. A tatoo here and there was not a problem, but he was covered and eyebrows were raised. I am not sure where he will go, but I did want to throw this into the mix as part of this discussion.

have you ever seen ryan malone?

Leslie Treff

Sep 18, 2005
New York
I was not making a comment about my opinion, I was just reporting on what I heard around me at the Combine. His tatoos are very large and both GMs and scouts were commenting nagatively around me about his body art. How much it will affect where he goes, I really don't know. I just thought our readers might be interested in what the NHL personnel at the Combine were saying.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Leslie Treff said:
I was not making a comment about my opinion, I was just reporting on what I heard around me at the Combine. His tatoos are very large and both GMs and scouts were commenting nagatively around me about his body art. How much it will affect where he goes, I really don't know. I just thought our readers might be interested in what the NHL personnel at the Combine were saying.

None of us are directing our comments at you. We're just stating that it'd be stupid not to take a guy just because he has tatoos.

cnyhockey

Nov 28, 2004
A Little USNTDP Bias

bigd said:
You are obviosly a little bias in you choice because Andricopoulas didn't even get drafted last year and probably won't this year and Ryan will get drafted but their are at least 4 defenseman on th NTDP that are better than him. We all know Erick Johnson is the #1 choice but Summers, Strait, and McBain are all better than Ryan or Andricopoulas. Williams will be picked before Ryan and he wasn't even one of their top defensmen.

Ryan was selected ahead of McBain, Strait and Williams. I guess you didn't see him late in the year in the Memorial Cup where he was a standout!

BTW, here is another US player who backed out of his NTDP commitment and wasn't invited to the US Junior Camp. Why? We all know why.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
cnyhockey said:
I guess you didn't see him late in the year in the Memorial Cup where he was a standout!

BTW, here is another US player who backed out of his NTDP commitment and wasn't invited to the US Junior Camp. Why? We all know why.

Indeed!! Here is a truely under-rated player who will be in the NHL before those players you mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad