Joey Moss has passed away

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Great stories fellas. Please post more if you have some.

Hope he, his family, and friends find peace and share and celebrate the great memories they have.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I am staying off the main board. Someone compared joey to a super fan. Joey was beyond what a super fan will ever be. He was part of the identity of team
It's not a horrible comparison. The fact is I don't know that there is a Joey in any league in North America, so it's really hard for others to find a real comparison

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bear playing Joey singing national anthem right now

What made matters even more touching was they had another legend in Paul Lorieau announcing Joey

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Sad, sad news. Condolences to the whole organization and all the oiler fans here on this board and everywhere. When I think of the oilers I think of Joey as much as Wayne, Mess or anyone else you can name, in a lot of ways he is the oilers.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The guy had a lot of class it was unreal. Remember when we were firing trainers and medical staff as we were trying to go in a different direction?

Joey himself asked if he should separate himself from the team. The players weren't having any of that and made it known he wasn't going anywhere.

The impact the guy had is quite something.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
My Joey Moss story:
My buddy and I were golfing a twilight round at the Riverside golf course, which is located in the river valley by Commonwealth stadium. I was on the tee box ready to drive and all of a sudden, you can hear Joey Moss blasting the Canadian National Anthem from the Esks football game across the river valley. I remember me and my buddy just looked at each other and we had the biggest smiles on both of our faces. Normally in golfing, you don't want any noise or distraction when you're hitting or playing... but not when it comes to Joey Moss singing our anthem. I hit a perfect drive and shot a birdie on that hole... while walking the fairway, enjoying a beer and listening to Joey Moss belt out O' Canada with all his heart. It was great. I could also see the other group in front of us enjoying the moment too.

Last edited:

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
RIP. This guy was the heart and soul of this franchise for such a long time. There will never be another Joey Moss.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
Pretty sad loss. I've been following the Oilers for 20 years-ish and Joey Moss was one of the only positive constants through it all. I love how his history began with the dynasty years and now that he's gone it feels like the Oilers lost a piece of themselves.

This, along with the news of the city wanting to fast-track the demolition of Northlands…Idk it just makes me feel a tremendous wave of nostalgia for days long gone.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
OMG. This. This right here. If for no other reason than the beacon Joey has been for people with Downs Syndrome and their families, Joey Moss will have made a bigger positive impact on more people in his short life than I ever will. It leaves me in awe.

He will live beyond is departing as an icon for what people with Downs, and special needs in general, can do.

Reactions: joestevens29

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Very sad, he was a huge part of this once great team. It warmed my heart knowing that even though the team was so great they still included other people. He will be missed, God Bless you Joey!

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Sorry to have to ask this question but maybe some of you will know?
Who was the blonde lady about 25 yrs old who I always saw with joey? I just recall onetime her giving joey bigtime shit in west Edmonton mall

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
2020 can phuck off!!

Not only should he be in the HOF and in the rafters......a statue outside Rogers would be fitting.

RIP Joey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->