Joey Moss has passed away

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
A lot of great Oilers came and went through that dressing room, but this GOAT was there until the end picking up gear, folding towels and joking with his teammates, making the room a better place to be for all. He was embraced by them all And the City because of his character, passion and ethic. Rest forever JM, you performed your role like the true Hall of Famer you were.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
RIP Joey. What a life he lead, hanging out most days with pro hockey and football players. Players came and went, but the one constant in the room was always Joey. Will be fondly remembered by fans and players alike, any will never be replaced. A true Edmonton sports icon, who made everyone's day better when they encountered Joey. Condolences to the family, and to all of his friends and fans.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
ryan-smyth-of-the-edmonton-oilers-hugs-dressing-room-attendant-joey-picture-id57642472

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I’m not going to lie to you guys. I honestly have tears running down my face right now. I never met Joey, but I have a massive amount of respect for the man and what he was able to accomplish. When Joey broke in with the Oilers, people with Down Syndrome were just “Pejorative Slurs“. Joey was given a great chance, but he absolutely killed it. With hard work. With dedication. With boundless optimism. Players and staff, current and former, all loved him. He was an unbelievable role model under a bright light, on a lofty stage. He has done a tremendous amount of good for the disabled and his legacy will long outlive his bright lifetime.

Sincere condolences to the Moss family and his many friends. An extra hug to Lyle “Sparky” Kulchisky, his long-time mentor and friend.

I don’t know how the Oilers will honour Joey. They better do it big. And they better do it right. A legend has fallen and the occasion deserves no less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad