Rumor: Joey Mormina Leaves Asst Coach Position at Mercyhurst for NYR

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Well it says a position, could be part of the scouting staff or player development or something, not necessarily a coaching position

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Guy has had an extensive AHL career, although I've never heard of Mercyhurst. Offda may know him since he played for Syracuse recently.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
seems most likely as assistant to McCambridge w HWP
just retired as player a year+ ago

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Joey Mormina!?

kdzw08x.jpg

I didn't even realize he was coaching these days.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hey I know that guy

OT but one time Mercy's hockey team came to Buffalo and I guess brought supporters with them. Almost a brawl between UB and them. Fans and players

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Hey I know that guy

OT but one time Mercy's hockey team came to Buffalo and I guess brought supporters with them. Almost a brawl between UB and them. Fans and players

I think they just became a D1 team. I played with another player from MH in Florida but he was on the team long before they were D1. He was from Buffalo, I wonder if he was involved in the fracas. It would be funny if he was, the way he yammers on about how great Buffalo is.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Guy has had an extensive AHL career, although I've never heard of Mercyhurst. Offda may know him since he played for Syracuse recently.

yeah know of him. really tall dude. on skates he's a tree.

not very good at ice hockey if i remember. he got traded to roch i do remember that

and hes a colgate guy i remember that bc i go to alot of colgate games and know some of the staff in hamilton.

thats all i know.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I went to mercyhurst for 6 years. Great place. Hockey is the only D1 programs. I played D2 lacrosse there. Funny to see it in here but the hockey team was always good. Made frozen 4 when I was there.

That was a good story. I remember Mercyhurst was the only D1 team that couldnt afford to give their players one piece sticks. The entire team had 2 piece sticks

NYR27

Apr 3, 2006
Baltimore, MD
nyfan27.wordpress.com
That was a good story. I remember Mercyhurst was the only D1 team that couldnt afford to give their players one piece sticks. The entire team had 2 piece sticks

Athletic budget was always bargain basement. One year that I played lax there we were the top seed in D2 and the AD "forgot" to submit our bid to host the final four game so we had to go to South Carolina to play and lost to a team we beat in the regular season. For where it is though, it's a great campus and the bars are cheap. 70% female population didn't hurt either

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Athletic budget was always bargain basement. One year that I played lax there we were the top seed in D2 and the AD "forgot" to submit our bid to host the final four game so we had to go to South Carolina to play and lost to a team we beat in the regular season. For where it is though, it's a great campus and the bars are cheap. 70% female population didn't hurt either

That should be reason #1, and 3 to go there, cheap bars being #2. lol

Edit: When did the hockey team go D1? I thought it was rather recent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad