Recalled/Assigned: Joey Keane called up

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Good for Keane. If Tony is out for a bit, this is a good opportunity for Keane to show what he's got

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Good for Keane. If Tony is out for a bit, this is a good opportunity for Keane to show what he's got
giphy.gif

Hartford watchers have said Keane has been up and down this season. Should be a big test for him.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I was probably less optimistic than most about Keane last year and this pre-season, but this is well earned.

I still have doubts about whether he can defend well enough at this level to stick, but in the handful of Pack games I've seen this year, he has played the type of "boring" game that I find encouraging.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Talked a lot about Keane watching him play in Hartford a lot.

He has been their best D all season and should have been the first recall if needed. Hope he proves me wrong and is ready for the NHL and shows out while up with the big club.

One thing about Keane, the offensive numbers in the AHL are really good, especially for a rookie in that league, but he's more of a puck mover and good defender. His offense is there and he can skate really well, but expecting him to be a dynamic offensive guy is a bit much. Reminds me more of the way Stralman would get points. Smart player, knows what to do with the puck.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Guys, if a roster move had any bearing on Skjei, it wouldn't be Keane coming up, it'd be Rykov or Hajek...

maybe ... Rykov has missed, i believe, 3 of last 4
and Hajek's reset under KK and Murphy is only a couple weeks in

if ADA is ok and its a left side spot (Staal, Smith, S ...)
it's not a terrible time for the ADA on the left trial

if we do see Keane, these are 1 or 2 very good tests,
on road vs a motivated CBJ (lost last night, couple key guys hurt, tight race for WC spots in East)
and the big bad brunes sunday afternoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad