Confirmed with Link: Joey Daccord - signed two year ELC

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Seems to me like this is going completely under the radar, but this guy is soon to be UFA if not signed, correct? Based on his superb season and quickly rising stock, this'd be another huge black eye for the Dorion group.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Hopefully the young roster and obvious opportunity are enticing to him. He's not blocked by anyone here, should have a great opportunity to play and move up.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I've been rooting for this kid for awhile. Anyone who can face a mountain of pucks and still keep his sanity and game intact has a good chance of being an NHL regular some day.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Seems to me like this is going completely under the radar, but this guy is soon to be UFA if not signed, correct? Based on his superb season and quickly rising stock, this'd be another huge black eye for the Dorion group.

Ottawas' goaltenders depth charts shows him at the very bottom, behind Anderson, Nilsson, Condon, Gustavsson, Hogberg, Mandolese and Hollet.

I don't know if he could be replaced, or not, with another 7th round pick (199th overall) that they used to draft him with, in this years draft.

Not sure just how much, losing him, would set this franchise back.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm not sure why we would have any issue signing him in all honesty. We probably have one of the more "fluid" situations in net in the entire league. He could easily come in and get legit NHL playing time in the next few years if he performs. We could also call him up and have him play a game later this year if one of Andersson/Nilsson are flipped to burn a year off his ELC, which would likely be more of a benefit to him (professionally) than hand picking his own team.

I can't think of many teams I'd rather sign with if I was a young goalie prospect in all honesty. This should be a slam dunk.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Ottawas' goaltenders depth charts shows him at the very bottom, behind Anderson, Nilsson, Condon, Gustavsson, Hogberg, Mandolese and Hollet.

I don't know if he could be replaced, or not, with another 7th round pick (199th overall) that they used to draft him with, in this years draft.

Not sure just how much, losing him, would set this franchise back.

Do you really not see Daccord as being currently above Mandolese and Hollet? He is doing exceptionally well in college while those guys are being average in the CHL. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Condon is bought out in the offseason or dumped somewhere in a trade. He barely counts on the depth chart.... plus they might not re-sign Nilsson. Or Anderson could get moved, but I don't think that's likely.
By training camp the depth chart could easily be:
Anderson, Hogberg, Gustavsson, Daccord, Mandolese, Hollet.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t see any reason to be worried about not signing him but if he doesn’t, it’s his own choice and he’s free to do so. Teams like Ottawa with no clear #1 in net would entice me as a goalie prospect. The money is the same everywhere.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Do you really not see Daccord as being currently above Mandolese and Hollet? He is doing exceptionally well in college while those guys are being average in the CHL. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Condon is bought out in the offseason or dumped somewhere in a trade. He barely counts on the depth chart.... plus they might not re-sign Nilsson. Or Anderson could get moved, but I don't think that's likely.

Bingo.

Hollett wont even get signed btw, he had his job taken by a 17 yr old this year and has been by far the worse player between the two of them. I think he might be the least likely prospect in the entire organization to be signed...

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

I'm just going by where these two site rank the Senators Goaltenders, on the depth chart.

Both rank Daccord at the bottom, below Mandolese and Hollet

Ottawa Senators at eliteprospects.com

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I have loved Daccord since his first dev camp.

I've been pimping him for like 4 years. Not sure yet if he'll ever be an NHL starter, but the kid will be an NHL backup at worst.

If we lose him, I'm not going to lie, it'll be tough to stomach for me. I really hope he sees the gaping vacuum of sure-thing goalies in our system and stays.

He's got the 2nd highest upside of any of our young goalies IMO, after Gus.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm just going by where these two site rank the Senators Goaltenders, on the depth chart.

Both rank Daccord at the bottom, below Mandolese and Hollet

Those show our current depth chart, as in, who is next in line to play THIS season.

It is not a projection of future seasons. It only reflects the 2018/19 season.

Considering Hollett and Mandolese are eligible for emergency recall due to their major-junior status, and actually able to play for the Sens this year, and Daccord is in NCAA and can't leave without forefitting his collegiate eligibility, I agree that he's at the bottom of the depth chart for 2018/19.

Reactions: derriko and Deku

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
Hardly under the radar. We've already accepted 3 times over in the Prospects thread he's becoming UFA this summer.
Ya, seems obvious that he wants to sign with the Leafs so he can be coached again by his Dad, Brian Daccord.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Hopefully the young roster and obvious opportunity are enticing to him. He's not blocked by anyone here, should have a great opportunity to play and move up.
I mean, we still have Anderson and Condon (though isn't his career at risk due to injury?) signed, and Hogberg and Gustavsson in the AHL. Where does Daccord fit in there? He's having such a great season, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes the UFA route to a team where he's guaranteed minutes in the AHL. With Hogberg and Gustavsson on board, Ottawa can't promise him that.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I mean, we still have Anderson and Condon (though isn't his career at risk due to injury?) signed, and Hogberg and Gustavsson in the AHL. Where does Daccord fit in there? He's having such a great season, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes the UFA route to a team where he's guaranteed minutes in the AHL. With Hogberg and Gustavsson on board, Ottawa can't promise him that.
Ya I think he'll need an AHL role to consider signing and even then its unlikely being so close to UFA.

Imo to convince him to stay it would take Nilsson being let go, Condon being LTIR'd or bought out, and Hogberg or Gus getting full time back up in NHL leaving Gus or Hogberg and D'Accord in Belleville. This is what I think should happen anyways, so hopefully that's what we see play out.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Daccord will sign with Ottawa when his NCAA yr is up & should likely end up in Brampton to start next season. I also think that Nilsson will likely not be re-signed with Ottawa & Hogberg should be the guy to backup Anderson next season. If Condon is not the backup next season which I doubt he will be then they should either buy him out or waive him & Belleville ends up with another Hammond situation in Belleville. It should be interesting what they do with so many goalies next season but at least Hollett should be dropped, he doesn't seem to have improved but gotten worse.

Of course, if they had no interest in re-signing Nilsson then why didn't they try & move him at the deadline get something in return? Impossible to know what this org is going to do since they do so many things fans hate.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd sign him...

and either a) move Anderson at the draft if they can , sign Nilsson and run Nilsson, Hogberg in Ottawa
or b) let Nilsson walk and run Anderson, Hogberg

Reactions: Icelevel

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I'd sign him...

and either a) move Anderson at the draft if they can , sign Nilsson and run Nilsson, Hogberg in Ottawa
or b) let Nilsson walk and run Anderson, Hogberg
At this point, I’m liking Nilsson more. If there is a market for Andy, I say trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad