Confirmed with Link: Joey Anderson signs ELC

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
For some reason I thought he was a big guy but what I just read says 5’11”.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Hall-Nico-Anderson
Wood-Zacha-Palms
Coleman-Zajac-Noesen
Grabner-Boyle-Bratt

get er done lol

For real though, couldn't they sign him to his ELC to begin next year instead? Seems odd that they'd sign him to one to begin this season while we're in the playoffs. Could have been a part of Anderson's negotiation though. The guy's a winner... and we need to win right now aha

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
That would be insane if he plays tomorrow. I dont even think they will put bratt in, let alone a kid with zero pro experience?

Reactions: EdisonDevil

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Joey Anderson is going to be a terrific player. While he is never going to challenge for the Art Ross Trophy, he has 25g-60pt upside, skates extremely well, plays two-ways with an excess of smarts & heart. He is known for being a great kid, a leader wherever he laces up the skates. He also fills a big need for the Devils as a natural right winger.

Though it's uncertain if he will step into the Devils line-up right away, I think it's quite possible that the Devils top four RWs next season are Palmieri/McLeod/Anderson/Noesen. A lot of potential there.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Joey Anderson is going to be a terrific player. While he is never going to challenge for the Art Ross Trophy, he has 25g-60pt upside, skates extremely well, plays two-ways with an excess of smarts & heart. He is known for being a great kid, a leader wherever he laces up the skates. He also fills a big need for the Devils as a natural right winger.

Though it's uncertain if he will step into the Devils line-up right away, I think it's quite possible that the Devils top four RWs next season are Palmieri/McLeod/Anderson/Noesen. A lot of potential there.

What about stepping in literally right away?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
play as in tomorrow night? Yeah, I HIGHLY doubt that...

You're probably right

But you have to think he'd at least be an option if he signed his contract to begin this year and is joining the team tomorrow. There's a lot of depth he'd have to jump but I mean, even Hynes said today that a number of guys haven't deserved to stay in the lineup.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
You're probably right

But you have to think he'd at least be an option if he signed his contract to begin this year and is joining the team tomorrow. There's a lot of depth he'd have to jump but I mean, even Hynes said today that a number of guys haven't deserved to stay in the lineup.

He couldn’t sign to begin the year because he was still in college. There’s not a chance he breaks into this lineup before Bratt gets back in.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
He couldn’t sign to begin the year because he was still in college. There’s not a chance he breaks into this lineup before Bratt gets back in.

Yeah, I get he couldn't sign at the beginning of this year. But his contract begins this season (2017/2018) despite us being in the playoffs, two games away from elimination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->