Joel Ward retires

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I feel like Ward is a great proof of how chemistry/character/locker-room-presence matters.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Great article he did in player’s tribune. Quite telling that he said San Jose means the most of the teams to him and he was only here a short while.

Glad to have you in teal and I hope you join the staff Wardo!

Reactions: BigDmitriy

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Great article he did in player’s tribune. Quite telling that he said San Jose means the most of the teams to him and he was only here a short while.

Glad to have you in teal and I hope you join the staff Wardo!
I found it interesting that he played in the alumni stuff, I was surprised he was around

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Had no idea this organization was so big to Ward, was a little surprised that of all the ones he played for this would be the one he chose post-career.

"I still watch highlights from the Cup final in 2016. It still hurts", you're not the only one Wardo...

Reactions: BigDmitriy

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Had no idea this organization was so big to Ward, was a little surprised that of all the ones he played for this would be the one he chose post-career.

"I still watch highlights from the Cup final in 2016. It still hurts", you're not the only one Wardo...
Besides being the most balanced roster they've had, that 2016 team came within an arms reach of the cup because of guys like Ward, Martin and the camaraderie they all created.

I know chemistry isn't tangible, but it's real and exists in sports, and often doesn't carry on from season to season.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Joel Ward proved to me that "clutch" is a real thing

For a guy who didn't believe in the word "clutch", one of the clutchest mfs out there.

That might be part of why he was so clutch, the pressure never got to him so he played the same way in big moments as he would at any other time, that is to say, he was sick af

GWG in 2016 WCF Game 6, thank you Joel, I would love for you to stay connected to the franchise in some capacity, you're one of my favorite Sharks forever

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Ward is a great player, and equally a great gentleman. A true sportsman of the game. Have some fun in retirement and I look forward to seeing him return in the Sharks' retirees game.

They probably should find him a position in the org. It definitely seemed as if Ward played most of his career in teal, but actually not.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Ward is a great player, and equally a great gentleman. A true sportsman of the game. Have some fun in retirement and I look forward to seeing him return in the Sharks' retirees game.

They probably should find him a position in the org. It definitely seemed as if Ward played most of his career in teal, but actually not.

Yeah it is weird especially when he actually only played 209 games in teal over 3 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->