Confirmed with Link: Joel Hanley re-signed to 1 year 2-way contract

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Wow. 25 years and 3 years pro? When is his old-timer game start?

Look at the free agency thread...you will see that there are guys in there that are slightly a bit older with more experience and that could help this farm team.

I don't know what you are trying to say here other than trying to throw cold water on every move Bergevin makes.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't know what you are trying to say here other than trying to throw cold water on every move Bergevin makes.

I'm actually responding to ANOTHER poster who is telling me that 25 years and 3 year of pro hockey is actually a vet. How about that?

My point is that I want this farm team to finally make the playoffs so that our guys FINALLY have some pro playoffs hockey to play in so that they,d develop even more? Any problem with that? If so, it's all good to sign plenty of guys, but you STILL have to adapt your farm team so that they have a few vets that could come in and help. Unless you find that our pathetic recipe at the AHL level is incredibly great and works so well.

Oh and get your selective reading glasses in order. You missed my Barberio post? Did you miss my Muller post too? Did you miss my Reway post? My Lehkonen post? Wow...so unlucky you are.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
How is it unimportant? Do you know in how bad of a shape our D is in the minors? Let alone the NHL roster

Sure hes not great, but MB need to help the farm teams.

Compared to glaring critical issues in our pro rosters and the incoming draft, yes I would make that pretentious step forward and call this insignificant to the grand scheme of things. There are tons of Henley out there that could do the same thing IMO in the AHL.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Compared to glaring critical issues in our pro rosters and the incoming draft, yes I would make that pretentious step forward and call this insignificant to the grand scheme of things. There are tons of Henley out there that could do the same thing IMO in the AHL.

But the day we decide to create a thread, we can discuss him all proportions aside. Let say somebody want to call this a great move....it's still is not going to fix anyting in the NHL department. But as the move itself, it STILL could be a great move....and the contrary exist too.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
What do you guys think of Dietz, does he have a chance to stick with the big team?

He was a pleasant surprise at the end of the season. Worth a contract imo. Would he make the big team from the start of the season...nah...unlikely. Problem is he ranks 4-5th in RHD. He could see some action in case of injuries.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
But the day we decide to create a thread, we can discuss him all proportions aside. Let say somebody want to call this a great move....it's still is not going to fix anyting in the NHL department. But as the move itself, it STILL could be a great move....and the contrary exist too.

Alright I will give you that. Wasn't he the guy who at some point was dominating the league in some stats, like shooting percentage or something? :)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Alright I will give you that. Wasn't he the guy who at some point was dominating the league in some stats, like shooting percentage or something? :)

Points. He started with 4 assists in 3 games then cooled off to 6 points in 10 games.

A 49 points pace :sarcasm:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What do you guys think of Dietz, does he have a chance to stick with the big team?

I think he could fill in when injuries hit but he wasn't that good in the AHL last year (was on the 3rd pairing at times) but after struggling at first he did look better so for me the hope is that gives him confidence to build off going into camp. If he can be a top D for us in the AHL then he would be the next in line to be called up assuming the top 7 are set and no moves are made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad