Player Discussion Joel Eriksson Ek: The 2nd Act

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
2 years too late. I hope they give him every opportunity in Iowa, PK, PP, last minute. This guy needs to be playing 20 minutes a night. He's still young enough that management didn't completely ruin him. He can turn this around.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
I agree with this move - he is pretty good at a lot of the little things coaches love. Now he needs to master the big things fans love, goals and points.

Reactions: Al Lagoon

Wabit

May 23, 2016
2 years too late. I hope they give him every opportunity in Iowa, PK, PP, last minute. This guy needs to be playing 20 minutes a night. He's still young enough that management didn't completely ruin him. He can turn this around.

I actually don't want him spending much time on the PK in Iowa. The kid already knows how to play defense. He needs to focus more on the o-zone play. Let him be part of the first line on the ice after a PK is over. Basically let JEE be Staal and COR be Koivu for the Iowa team.

Reactions: 57special

Wabit

May 23, 2016
You're right. Provided that time not spent on the PK is spent in offensive zone starts and/or higher PP time.

I don't care so much about the zone starts so much. He should be the best player in Iowa and near the top of all AHL players. His transition game needs to improve too.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
We need him back as a viable #2 C. All the ice he can see with the exception of D or G, in all situations. Hoping for 25 min a night. Do you think his return is based on .5 ppg, or what ?

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Dude is 21. Detroit was the master of bringing in the swedes late. Time for the wild to do the same.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
picking eek as a 1st rounder - get rid of the scout who recommended to do that

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He scored from almost the exact same spot...the off wing...

The 1st goal was a PP goal and I'm not sure how their setup was.

The 2nd goal looks more center high or F3 into the zone than off wing to me.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The 1st goal was a PP goal and I'm not sure how their setup was.

The 2nd goal looks more center high or F3 into the zone than off wing to me.
off wing as he is shooting from his off wing, from the inside top of the circle. Within feet of one another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad