Value of: Joel Edmundson to Montreal

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
What would be the asking price to get him to Montreal?

I think he would be a solid piece to add to play with Petry on the second pair.

Kulak Weber
Edmundson Petry
Reilly Juulsen

So what would be the price for him, seeing as the Blues are struggling and not sure if they are going to eventually look to selling, but I think this would be a guy Bergevin would want.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Kulak Weber
Edmundson Petry
Reilly Juulsen

So what would be the price for him, seeing as the Blues are struggling and not sure if they are going to eventually look to selling, but I think this would be a guy Bergevin would want.
Brook and a 1st. JE isn't someone the Blues are looking to deal, but you want to make it worth our while he isn't untouchable.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Very few untouchables on the Blues, but Edmundson is close to it. Unless the Blues are going for an absolute top to bottom gutting of the team, they aren't going to move him. He's the only real Top 4 LHD they have.

Reactions: simon IC

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Kulak Weber
Edmundson Petry
Reilly Juulsen

I haven't watched the Habs in a while, but how did Kulak become a 1st pairing defenseman.

Kulak, Schlemko, Reilly, Benn, with Mete in the minors. That's the LD. Want to catch up to Tampa, Toronto, Buffalo, that's probably where to start. I like Edmundson as a player, but not sure that he moves the needle a lot. Better than Bowmeester granted. Would probably have to give up a d prospect for him, RD, as I don't think Pietrangelo will finish the year in St. Louis.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I think Edmundson has regressed and is one of the biggest disappointment players in the pile of disappointment this year. However, that's relative to expectations - he's still a solid player and the Blues need him to perform moving forward or replace him - it can't be a deal for a forward or a pile of parts. The only way it makes sense is if the Blues commit to a reload/retool and they're getting perhaps a less developed, but more mobile defenseman in return. Somebody with a higher ceiling or another significant asset added.

I still do think their woes (other than injury and goaltending) are mostly coaching, so I wouldn't move him for anything that doesn't blow me away.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
No but we have a lovely Bouwmeester on an expiring contract you can have.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
We need Edmundson desperately right now, even if he is playing below expectations. He is currently our best LD, and one of the few remaining gritty players on our team. It would very foolish for the Blues to trade him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
that's an insane ask for a no 4 defenseman
It doesn't matter what you think he is. LHD isn't a position of strength for the Blues, so why would we trade a solid 25-year old making only 3 mil for anything other than an overpayment? We have 0 reason to move him. Find someone else.

Reactions: Dbrownss

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I think Burtuzzo would be great. Not affraid to drop the gloves and is a great teammate who lead by example.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
He is a RHD and a UFA. Not sure what the price would be. Try to get a late first for him. If not a couple of 2nd round picks.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ

Kulak Weber
Edmundson Petry
Reilly Juulsen

It doesn't really matter if one assumes the Blues are staying the course, selling, retooling, rebuilding, or whatever. Edmundson is a guy they're likely going to want to keep regardless of what the Blues decide to do.

If the Blues are selling at the deadline, the obvious candidates on defense to sell are the pending UFAs...Bouwmeester, Bortuzzo, and Gunnarsson.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Edmundson doesn't really make sense to move. We already have 3 d on expiring deals, and the only one that has a slight chance of returning is Bortozzo.

Reactions: Benstheman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad