Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I could never get behind someone saying that coaches don't impact development, anyone that had a really good coach that helped them would likely have a hard time getting on board with that as well. A good coach wouldn't turn crap into a star but he can have a big impact in helping him improve his weaknesses, etc...

Look at Doug Jarvis. When Andrei Kostitsyn came to Hamilton at 19 he was so raw he just looked clueless as to what to do in his own end. But Jarvis worked with him throughout the year to improve and by the next season he made a very noticeable difference in his defensive game from clueless to passable.

When I would listen to Guy Boucher's pre/post game interviews and I would always think how can these guys not be learning from him. When I would listen to Lefebvre's I would think to myself how the f*** did this guy get hired?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I wouldn't mind if Hartley came to the Habs or Laval. I'm not even sure that's a possibility, but I think we interviewed him before we hired Therrien. He speaks French well enough

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
from what he hear in the media or what he hear with his source ??

I got no idea Vachon23, but he is a media guy..interesting he says that...

Whats the Habs plan, Ducharme/ Bouchard duo behind the bench in Montreal in a 3-4 years time?

Have Bouchard coach Laval and develop our picks for next 3 seasons, then join Habs ...maybe that could be the plan

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I got no idea Vachon, but he is a media guy..interesting he says that...

Whats the Habs plan, Ducharme/ Bouchard duo behind the bench in Montreal in a 3-4 years time?

Have Bouchard coach Laval and develop our picks for next 3 seasons, then join Habs ...maybe that could be the plan

I really don't think Bouchard will quit the Armada for an assistant coach job.. pretty sure it will be in the Carriere role + HC of Laval

Reactions: dinodebino

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Makes more sense to me to have the GM of Laval also an Assistant GM of the Habs, and keep coach of Laval separate. The farm team needs to be in sync with the ideology and system of the big org. If Bouchard is looking to gm an nhl team rather than coach as his ultimate target it makes more sense. Let him hire a coach and assistants at Laval and prove whether he knows what he's doing.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Surround yourself with forward thinking, new age people and listen to them. Else you're going in history as our worst GM, Bargainbin.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

neil2005

May 2, 2012

"Marc Bergevin confirmed that the position of senior vice president, hockey operations will not be replaced within the hockey management group."

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

According to De Foy, they met about 10 days ago. And it was regarding various positions within the organization that they'd be open to have Bouchard occupy. Kind of like they did with Ducharme, who admitted that they spoke about different positions he would take, finally agreeing on assistant coach in NHL.

Reactions: McTusk

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
We are hiring Bouchard 100%.
Just dont know if its to coach laval, to be the habs coach for defense or to be an assistant-gm.
My guess would be the laval head coach since we fired Lefebvre a long time ago and still havent hired a new coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad