Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The language parr is mainly to ensure theres no suitable replacement.

I got that it's just an easy layer in order to protect one's job.

I agree with what you were inferring in respect of the inferior quality of assistants that Bergevin has surrounded himself with. What a shortsighted way to manage.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
It will be interesting to see if he gets a management role, or a coaching role. He could be an AGM, but he could also be Sly's replacement.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It will be interesting to see if he gets a management role, or a coaching role. He could be an AGM, but he could also be Sly's replacement.

Bouchard could give the Habs an edge on the Q, just as Hunter has provided valuable knowledge about the OHL to the Leafs.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
If there's any truth to this, my bet is he'll be appointed to a coaching gig instead of management, so Bergevin doesn't have any kind of internal competition.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
We all know he will be assistant coach to Lefebvre. Bergevin is happy, he doesn’t need to fire his good buddy and he can have another mascot behind the bench to keep the fans happy.

Win-Win

Reactions: Laurentide

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Signing Bouchard AND Ducharme would just be the logical thing to do on an organizational standpoint, they did everything they could at the junior level, next level is the NHL/AHL, and damn they're in our backyard. And they know each other very well, they had success in the Q, they won the last WJC together in different positions, positions which happens to be needs for us...

But damn, with MB & Friends, it just seems -too logical- for that to happen... I mean, Ducharme would be the direct successor to Julien (which is just logical in an organization, to have potential at all positions), and Bouchard could be the direct successor to Bergevin... both would be 'threats'.

It's so logical, that given the state of MB & Friends, it kinda doesn't make sense at all...

Reactions: Laurentide

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If there's any truth to this, my bet is he'll be appointed to a coaching gig instead of management, so Bergevin doesn't have any kind of internal competition.

If Bouchard is brought in, I suspect it'll be as AHL coach.

Quant à la rumeur qui laisse croire que Lefebvre pourrait retourner dans la LNH à titre d’adjoint avec le Canadien, Carrière maintient que les hommes de hockey ne discutent pas de leurs objectifs personnels durant la saison.

Larry Carrière dresse un bilan positif

Wait, what -- there's a rumor that says that Lefebvre could return to the NHL as an assistant with the Habs? :laugh:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I got that it's just an easy layer in order to protect one's job.

I agree with what you were inferring in respect of the inferior quality of assistants that Bergevin has surrounded himself with. What a shortsighted way to manage.

Beta types surround themselves with beta or worse. They don't surround themselves with alphas.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Lefebvre? His lifetime record as a coach is abysmal. His development record is not much better. He's also at the rotting core of the nepotistic hires and re-signings.

I’m well aware of Sly. :laugh: I must of misinterpreted. I meant this Bouchard character.

Reactions: groovejuice

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Larry Carrière dresse un bilan positif

Wait, what -- there's a rumor that says that Lefebvre could return to the NHL as an assistant with the Habs? :laugh:

People want to see how that management is either dumb, stupid, or totally disconnected from reality (or all of the above)? They say how great they are based on the players that are with us.....here's the list. Nicolas Deslauriers, Nikita Scherbak, Byron Froese, Daniel Carr, Noah Juulsen, Brett Lernout, Michael McCarron, Charlie Lindgren, Rinat Valiev, Zachary Fucale et Jakub Jerabek.

So....yeah Deslauriers is a fine story. That trade looks good now. A good 4th/13th forward that will NEVER change the outcome of any game though. And then...I really really hope Carrière do not take any merit for him or Lefebvre for Deslauriers' progression....he played 14 freakin games. I also remember how a steal Dale Weise was not that long ago. How's that going? Then, Scherbak is showing some nice things. TRue. Froese should not be a Habs next year. Carr might not be either. Juulsen is struggling now and while he has not ended his progression, we will have to wait to see what his potential really is. Lernout might be a fine #6. McCarron will be gone. Lindgren might be beaten by Niemi with a 1-way contract next year. Valiev will be gone. Fucale is a gone. And Jerabek is gone.

He's saying that out of 11 players that wore the Rocket jersey, 6 stayed with the Habs and that is the most POSITIVE thing. Really? A team that might be choosing top 5.....the most positive thing is that players from the AHL team went to the Habs because there were injuries and because the season meant nothing. Hey Carrière...you know what a real achievement wouldu be? It would be if we would clearly go for the Cup next year and KEEP those players in the lineup because they are so good. Note though that if we don keep a majority of those, it won't mean that you did such an awesome job....it means that we are going hard for Hughes.

Reactions: Runner77

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
One of the best available, knows the Q inside out, sharp hockey mind, very personable and passionate. Would be the biggest homerun hiring since Waite.

Very good to here. I must admit I don’t know anything about him but it’s great to here we still have some options out there other then some obvious ones.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
People want to see how that management is either dumb, stupid, or totally disconnected from reality (or all of the above)? They say how great they are based on the players that are with us.....here's the list. Nicolas Deslauriers, Nikita Scherbak, Byron Froese, Daniel Carr, Noah Juulsen, Brett Lernout, Michael McCarron, Charlie Lindgren, Rinat Valiev, Zachary Fucale et Jakub Jerabek.

So....yeah Deslauriers is a fine story. That trade looks good now. A good 4th/13th forward that will NEVER change the outcome of any game though. And then...I really really hope Carrière do not take any merit for him or Lefebvre for Deslauriers' progression....he played 14 freakin games. I also remember how a steal Dale Weise was not that long ago. How's that going? Then, Scherbak is showing some nice things. TRue. Froese should not be a Habs next year. Carr might not be either. Juulsen is struggling now and while he has not ended his progression, we will have to wait to see what his potential really is. Lernout might be a fine #6. McCarron will be gone. Lindgren might be beaten by Niemi with a 1-way contract next year. Valiev will be gone. Fucale is a gone. And Jerabek is gone.

He's saying that out of 11 players that wore the Rocket jersey, 6 stayed with the Habs and that is the most POSITIVE thing. Really? A team that might be choosing top 5.....the most positive thing is that players from the AHL team went to the Habs because there were injuries and because the season meant nothing. Hey Carrière...you know what a real achievement wouldu be? It would be if we would clearly go for the Cup next year and KEEP those players in the lineup because they are so good. Note though that if we don keep a majority of those, it won't mean that you did such an awesome job....it means that we are going hard for Hughes.

Would help if Carrière weren't so blatantly nepotist, like Bergevin. He's way out in left field. I'm surprised that he managed to survive since the Gauthier days. Enough with these retrograde bumblers and shady management types who are severely limited. Time for a clean-up.

Jean-François Chaumont gave a nice overview of where the ax may fall:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Would help if Carrière weren't so blatantly nepotist, like Bergevin. He's way out in left field. I'm surprised that he managed to survive since the Gauthier days. Enough with these retrograde bumblers and shady management types who are severely limited. Time for a clean-up.

Jean-François Chaumont gave a nice overview of where the ax may fall:

Let's hope so. Yet...who the heck came with that rumor of Lefebvre in the NHL with the Habs...how incredibly dumb would that be.....Will Lefebvre replace Daigneault? Will Mr.Magoo be replacing Chris Lee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad