Player Discussion Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He's played 1 full season in the NHL. The season before that he missed 25 games to injury. Before that he split time between the NHL and AHL. So we don't really know what we have. Last year he put up 29 pts, the previous season he was on pace for 27 pts. He just turned 25 less then 30 days ago, so we have someone that's been improving but on a good team didn't get much TOI, now with a bad team he's either going to show more or he's not. We gave up nothing for some money, a mid and a late pick and got a young winger that could be on the uptick and a player that might help with the transition for our 3rd overall pick in a year or two.
We gave Simon Bourque was that really nothing? And we may be helping Winnpeg sign a center we actually have a dire need for. I don't want to have this argument on the Armia thread, but Armia itself sounds pretty underwhelming considering it. If he turns out like Weise and we don't run him out of town for whatever reason, great move.

Right now I'm not conceding it.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We gave Simon Bourque was that really nothing? And we may be helping Winnpeg sign a center we actually have a dire need for. I don't want to have this argument on the Armia thread, but Armia itself sounds pretty underwhelming considering it. If he turns out like Weise and we don't run him out of town for whatever reason, great move.

Simon Bourque is nothing. He isn't even worth a contract spot. Stastny wasn't going to sign here and we don't need him, we need to rebuild.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
lmao can’t believe people are complaining we gave up simon bourque for this guy. Who even is Simon Bourque? Career AHLer ? I don’t think I ever heard his name before today. We basically got free assets for taking on Mason’s cap hit.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Simon Bourque is nothing. He isn't even worth a contract spot. Stastny wasn't going to sign here and we don't need him, we need to rebuild.

We would've needed Stastny, big time, but otherwise agreed. Bourque is a nothing prospect and Stastny wasn't going to sign in Montreal anyway.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

This is crazy, I can't believe what I'm reading. We gave up a guy that struggled on the 3rd pairing in the AHL for a guy that's a solid 3rd liner in the NHL. In one game for us he might produce more then Bourque would in his entire NHL career. Who cares that we helped the Jets sign a center we weren't going to get, why on earth would a guy his age sign with one of the worst teams in the NHL? We get a solid 3rd liner who might actually improve, along with 2 picks for some money and a nothing prospect.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Yes.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets fan here.

You guys are going to love Armia. I've always thought he has the ability to be a 60pt player, he was always stuck playing with guys like Lowry, Mattias, Copp, and recently Tanev.

If Mattias could have scored on a quarter of the glorious setups Armia dished to him then Armia's point totals would be way higher.

He's only played a minimal minutes on the PP.

He's an amazing PK'r and we have seen him kill penalties single handedly, he gets the puck deep and gets it back, then he can use his strength and skill to basically rag the puck for a whole minute.

I'm really disappointed to see him traded from Winnipeg before he got a real shot to allow his offense to shine.

You're in for some highlights with this guy!

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I don't know, if you guys say so. We'll see what the Jets do with him.

Personally, I wouldn't expect a team that needs to rebuild to trade its 21 years old prospects after the first season they spend developing them.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

We don't have a dire need to overpay for a 32/33 year old C that will only ruin our chances of drafting more top talent...

It's time to rip off the bandaid, this franchise needs an infusion of talent that no trade or free agent will resolve. Enough with the short sighted quick fixes. I'm of course not convinced that this team is heading in a good direction but this is a start I suppose.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
This is crazy, I can't believe what I'm reading. We gave up a guy that struggled on the 3rd pairing in the AHL for a guy that's a solid 3rd liner in the NHL. In one game for us he might produce more then Bourque would in his entire NHL career. Who cares that we helped the Jets sign a center we weren't going to get, why on earth would a guy his age sign with one of the worst teams in the NHL? We get a solid 3rd liner who might actually improve, along with 2 picks for some money and a nothing prospect.
That’s because you have posters here who make a living at composing on this forum.....

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Didn't think Bergs was smart enough to pull off this deal. Lol

Sounds good but I Don't know Arm is that we. I wanted Roussel signed for bottom 6 because of speed and grit and 15 goals. But Armia is could be better

believe me arnia is what we need more than Roussel

a big rw with speed that can play pk and has a good shot

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bergevin has been the busiest GM in the league since the draft, yet we cry impatience on the trade front....:facepalm:

How do you measure that? I don't know what he's done more than any other GMs since the draft.

Every GM is busy this time of year. That's why they're paid the big bucks.

Plus, it's not how busy you are, it's how effective you are. "Working the phones" is meaningless. It's what you get out of working the phones.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The guy improved a lot and was quite effective at the end of the season. Why not ? If there is no other better options.

While he did. It's better that he's not there, but at the same time if he sucks, helps the tank. If he continues to improve maybe we have a good centre.

I guess it's ultimately a win-win

Reactions: Belial

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
The problem isn't giving away Simon Bourque. He's a nothing player.

The problem is we gave Winnipeg some very much needed cap space. And for not much when you think about it.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
The problem isn't giving away Simon Bourque. He's a nothing player.

The problem is we gave Winnipeg some very much needed cap space. And for not much when you think about it.
So what? They're not rivals, nor in our division let alone conference. We are not contenders and we have no need to sign Stastny given our current status. We did them a favor and they paid a price for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad