Player Discussion Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sysez

Jun 14, 2011
Everywhere, World.
Sign him to a 8 years low aav. He'll be tempted by the money and if he ever bust out, it'll be easy to trade/bury him. It's a gamble that could be worth it, especially if he progresses. To me, he seems to be getting better with time.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Only for this season, maybe next season.. by the 20-21 season Kotka should be the 2C/1C and Armia still on the 3RW.

Not necessarily, I personally think that they'll play together next season too and potentially even further than that. They complement each other well and once KK can take over the leading role on that line then I would think that Armia will be even better since he's now doing lots of work on that line.

Reactions: HKbleu

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Not necessarily, I personally think that they'll play together next season too and potentially even further than that. They complement each other well and once KK can take over the leading role on that line then I would think that Armia will be even better since he's now doing lots of work on that line.
Fair enough, but I see Kotka as a 1C, I don’t think Armia belongs in the top 6, maybe I’m wrong.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
if nothing else he will be perfect to dangle at the deadline for a few picks, hopefully at least a 2nd and maybe a prospect

Armia is a solid player. There's no guarantee that a second round pick would be better. The suggestion that Julien should cede ice time to less capable players such as Hudon would leave the Habs in worse shape than ever. I'd hold on to Lehkonen but use him at left wing. Hoe about trading Shaw for picks?

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Armia is a solid player. There's no guarantee that a second round pick would be better. The suggestion that Julien should cede ice time to less capable players such as Hudon would leave the Habs in worse shape than ever. I'd hold on to Lehkonen but use him at left wing. Hoe about trading Shaw for picks?

Why do we need to trade anyone for picks? Are we short of picks? Unless it's a first rounder for Byron or Shaw, or a trade for Hudon or a lesser Laval player, I don't see the point.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“Every season I go into, I try to play better than the season before... That's my goal, for sure... I try to get better every single year. It's a fresh start. Everything's kind of new, but I felt like it's a good thing. I just want to win games... That's the only thing that matters. I hoped I could bring some help offensively and defensively. But the main thing I was really looking forward to is winning games. I'm just trying to work hard every day on the ice and give my best... I can't do more than give everything I've got. I really hope it's going to take me to the next level...”

“Just getting to know the guys. If I had a bad game, I learned how to kind of forget about it quicker and not think about it. Usually I'm too hard on myself. If I make a mistake, I think about it too much. I learned in the past how to forget about it and move on tho...”

“I've been working in the past a lot more on my skating and speed. I think really working on my skating technique. It's been fun to try something different now. I think it's really going to help me. I was looking for something so I could take the next step as a hockey player. I thought it would be good to try something new. I thought that's going to help me more and more on the ice. The game is getting faster every year. So skating and speed have been the main focus. I trained in the past with a couple of guys in Pori who play pro in Finland. I've also been working in Helsinki with Teuvo Teravainen and Esa Lindell and a couple of young guys who've been drafted too. In Helsinki, they've some good skating coaches. That's where I go every other week to work... I'll spend about three days there at a time. I also get my off-ice workout programs there and train in Pori.”

“Before I came to North America, I used to score a lot of goals... I was kind of shooting all the time. That's what I want to get back to... I want to start shooting more and being quicker on the ice, quicker in my decisions. I think that's going to make me a better player. I'm going to work as hard as I can every day to remember to shoot more. That's been my message to myself...”

“I was really excited and happy to get a fresh start. I was just excited to meet my new teammates. Since Day 1, I've been really comfortable with all of the guys... I've had a lot of fun every single day I come to the rink and I enjoy being here... It's a great city. The fans are great. The place I live is great. There are great restaurants. I like everything about it...”

“Sometimes, I think that I might be talking too much Finnish to these guys. I wonder, should I just go talk to someone else? It've been good to have four Finns here. The other guys have never come to me and told me that I talk too much Finnish or anything. I think I get along with everyone. We worked together. You can saw from our games, we really tried to help each other out there. The way we played, we're skating a lot and working and battling hard. It's similar with every guy here. Every guy wanted to put in the work and helping the team win games.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“What's Pori famous for? The hockey team, I'd think... It's also famous for the Pori Jazz Festival. I think playing for Assat was always my dream. I really didn't even dream of the NHL that much... But I dreamed about playing for my hometown team... It was unreal... I enjoyed every second of it... With the Jazz Festival, I go every year. It's eight days long. They always have good concerts there. It's at this huge grassy area where you make your own camp. It's a picnic type of thing... You just listen to music and meet up with your friends. It's the place to go...”

“The best restaurant? I like so many restaurants. I like to try different spots all the time. I like good food, especially Italian food. There's a good Italian restaurant in Pori called Bucco. Everything on the menu is good. I go there often.”

“The best place to go shopping? Even though there's probably better shopping in Helsinki, you can find everything you need in Pori. I go to Ratsula for clothes. It's not like a huge mall or anything, it's just one store...”

“The best hangout? The whole city... It's the best place you can be... You can hang out downtown. I also go fishing a lot. We've really good fishing spots. It's probably just 10 to 15 minutes from downtown. I also have my summer house and my friend has a summer house, too. Everything is close.”

“My elementary school? went to Bjöoneborgs Svenska Samskola. It's a Swedish school. It's still there... There were a few NHL players who went there... Christian Ruuttu, Leo Komarov, Erik Haula. There might be more. I enjoyed being there... I liked all of my classes...”

“My home arena as a kid? I played at Isomaki Areena where Assat plays. It was the best thing ever... It was always cool to play there as a kid. Back home, there was always something going on there. Like a practice or a tournament. It's great for the kids to get to play on the same ice as the big club.”

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hes excellent defensively and on the cycle, its just a shame hes used with Kotkaniemi and not with Danault.

Had many chances tonight and couldn't convert.

Only time he wasn't on KK's line tonight, KK scored.

But, I'll give him a pass tonight. Strong game for what he brings. Didn't get on the score sheet as usual, but did his job (aside from that sequence of turnover after turnover)...

If KK plays like this maybe he'll get another offensive line-mate.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Starting the season stronger than last year, what an effort in OT!

I liked his game tonight.

But we lost the game in the shootout. Just how effective was he actually in OT? Sure his puck possession ultimately had the effect of not allowing us to get scored on defensively - but offensively, he didn't actually get in on any scoring plays.

He's going to get a ton of ice time. Hopefully he can be in on more actual goals than he was last year.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Wish we had a couple more guys like him, he’s a horse out there. It’s almost comical the size difference between him and 90 percent of our forwards. Does all the grunt work and makes guys pay the price. We don’t have nearly enough of that up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad