Player Discussion Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Great guy for Kotka to play with.

I prefer Drouin and Gallagher. But Armia definitely has his place on the team. He's our best PKer. I like him on the pp in front of the net and winning puck battles to keep the puck in the zone on the pp.

5 on 5 I really don't know where I have him. The Danault line and the Finnish line are hot now. But ultimately I see him with Danault and KK with Gallagher and Drouin. I have noticed that whenever he and Hudon are on the ice together a lot happens. If we don't add anything at the deadline, that may be a good bottom six line:

Drouin KK Gallagher
Tatar Domi Byron
Lehkonen Danault Shaw
Hudon Chaput/Peca/Brassard(?) Armia

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Not sure why he hasn’t been resign yet, good defensively, on the boards and great stickhandler is make the good play even when he isn’t on the score sheet. + he is also the only winger with size we have... even if is production doesn’t seem to match is skills he is a useful player.

Reactions: Victorius

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Apart from dropping the gloves, Armia is essentially doing the job that was expected from McCaŕron.

No complaints on my end.........to date.

Reactions: Habssince89

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
What will be his next contract? He stil rfa. He is 25 years old who starting his prime. I will like to see 5 years/ 3 millions by year.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Jul 6, 2016
Apart from dropping the gloves, Armia is essentially doing the job that was expected from McCaŕron.

No complaints on my end.........to date.

"Dropping the gloves" is not a today's requirement in modern NHL hockey.... And that's fine with me.

I hope they gonna re-sign him. He is one of the rare big bodies we have up front and he has enough skills to do very well.

Reactions: cphabs

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Armia is great for what he brings. But next season I don’t want Kotkaniemi centering him.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I love him as a bottom 6er. All he has to do is consistently win battles and score from time to time. He’s perfect for that.

Reactions: jesui

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
It would be nice if he can start converting a bit more,he certainly deserves it,as does Arturri.
Yep. I thought Leks played a great game. On that note, It’s funny, but about the only thing they haven’t tried on the power play, is putting the so called grinders on the power play yet. Hell, why not? It’s not like any of them are scoring.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Armia is a 30 point forward and a great 3rd liner, very similar to Lars Eller...he does not deserve more (or much more) than 3m imo

I disagree, I'm expecting 2.5M for 4 years.

If you look strictly at points you might be right but he brings a lot more than just points and he's still relatively young.

It will be a good investment IMO as I think he can bring more offense going forward. The tools are definitely there.

He'll get around 4M$ IMO if it's a long term contract.

But hey, if Bergevin can sign him for 3M I will be extremely happy.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
How much is it worth Kotkaniemi being happy to be playing with his idol, lol ? Priceless. Eller comparison. Eller is a centre, but 4 year between $3M to $3.5M per year sounds about right.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How much is it worth Kotkaniemi being happy to be playing with his idol, lol ? Priceless. Eller comparison. Eller is a centre, but 4 year between $3M to $3.5M per year sounds about right.
He was so happy for him last night when he got his hattrick, it was nice to see. This group seems to really have fun playing together right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->