Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm glad the haters have quieted down

Even at the start of season armia was creating so many scoring chances

He's a beast on the forecheck

Agreed. They deserve to eat crow on the things they said about Armia. We lack guys with strength that has top 9 skill. He is a keeper!

There is a trend starting to form here.... The Bergevin haters and their attempts to deflate all the moves he has made is back firing on them. Exaggeration to prove a point will make you look silly. The only move that sucks bad is Alzner.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Anyone see the interview john lu had with armia last night......lu asked joel some ridiculous question about his forecheck and how he has aquired such a talent......joel was like (shrug shoulder) i just want the puck.....i was trying to find the interview but couldnt.....lmfao

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anyone see the interview john lu had with armia last night......lu asked joel some ridiculous question about his forecheck and how he has aquired such a talent......joel was like (shrug shoulder) i just want the puck.....i was trying to find the interview but couldnt.....lmfao

"I acquired the skill internally based on my will to retrieve the puck" lol

I got a kick of out his reaction as well.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Kotka with Armia killing penalties is coming baby! You can see Kotka trying to emulate the way Armia is using his stick and body to be effective away from the puck.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Arnia in a way reminds me of Mike McPhee, which was never top 6 but was absolutely critical to the team on the third line, especially with Carbonneau and Skrudland.

In fact, once KK moves up in the lines, Danault and Arnia could be a deadly 3rd line material

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He might even surpass his previous best season in points in less games,potentially anyways. Been impressive so far and insulates KK well. Would be great if that line could just pot a few more one in a while,they are fun to watch.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He might even surpass his previous best season in points in less games,potentially anyways. Been impressive so far and insulates KK well. Would be great if that line could just pot a few more one in a while,they are fun to watch.

They poted 1 goal in each of the last 3 games, sounds solid for me...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I appreciate this guy (and I think many are starting to realize that some players can't be judged by their stat sheet) and I posted about how he was our only player that used his size effectively and that we were clearly missing him once he got injured. He's been really great and brings a strong dynamic to a team that has a lot of smallish forwards (some that play bigger than they are but sometimes you can't help physics).

Those plays where he pushes the player out of the way to make his way to the net is just a thing of beauty , he did it last night agaisnt Laine. Smart and effective player that should be a perennial Hab if they know what's good for them.

No issue offering him 4-5 years x 3-3.5M.

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

Jul 6, 2016
I appreciate this guy (and I think many are starting to realize that some players can't be judged by their stat sheet) and I posted about how he was our only player that used his size effectively and that we were clearly missing him once he got injured. He's been really great and brings a strong dynamic to a team that has a lot of smallish forwards (some that play bigger than they are but sometimes you can't help physics).

Those plays where he pushes the player out of the way to make his way to the net is just a thing of beauty , he did it last night agaisnt Laine. Smart and effective player that should be a perennial Hab if they know what's good for them.

Armia was also possibly very motivated playing against his old team.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Armia was also possibly very motivated playing against his old team.

Not the way I see it, he's been very good going on a few weeks now and has been physically dominant when carrying the puck. He wasn't bad before the injury either it just took time to find his fit on the team. Playing him with the other Finns really helped in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Not the way I see it, he's been very good going kn a few weeks now and has been physically dominant when carrying the puck. He wasn't bad before the injury either it just took time to find his fit on the team. Playing him with the other Finns really helped in my opinion.

I wrote "also"... Not "because"

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Not the way I see it, he's been very good going kn a few weeks now and has been physically dominant when carrying the puck. He wasn't bad before the injury either it just took time to find his fit on the team. Playing him with the other Finns really helped in my opinion.[/QUOTE

Can't believe that the Jets let him go,low cost,at the present,they could have shed other s to make cap space,bad management. A player that can play on any team and

Could end up being a real good deal,do it!

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Extend this guy!
images

just_do_it.gif

Reactions: Holystik

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Love this guy. Not only is he a good player he's the perfect father/big bro/babysitter/ride or die/bodyguard for KK. He needs to stay!

Reactions: Holystik

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
The other team's D must be totally sick of the sight of him in their face and stealing the puck off them by the middle of the third period in any given game. Plays great team D in the other team's zone.

Lock him up.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->