Player Discussion Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He was a fourth liner on the jets.
Was a third liner, ended up the year 5th in pts among Jets wingers... 29 pts in 79 games played is pretty decent third line production considering he had no PP or PK time, those pts all came at even strength...

Armia is still young at 25 and sometimes a trade can help your carreer, what is obviously the case with Armia, he is easily one of our top fowards 5 on 5...

Last edited:

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
I think he is a pretty good third liner when all is said and done. Lots to like about his game but will probably never produce enough to be a top six fixture but can certainly fit into the top six as a complimentary, defensively-responsible winger. Still a great trade to get him for free.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Armia has 3 empty netters, he produces like a 4th liner even though he gets plenty of ice time and PP.
Nope. He produces like 3th liner atm, even with absolutely horrible luck. The funniest thing is that he can be the player of the game without producing anything. It means that his impact on ice is enormous. Those guys are rare.

Last edited:
Reactions: savard95 and HKbleu

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Really glad Army is working out for you guys I loved the way he played the game for the Jets. He was really good and when he played with Lowry and Copp they dominated on the cycle and possession. Joel had good runs with a few different lines last year and put up 29 points from the bottom 6. I am sure the Jets didn't love giving him up but you have to give to get and my guess is Bergevin really wanted Joel. Dumping Mason's salary was a big part of getting the costs in line and it opened the door for Chevy to sign Brossoit who is 10-2-1 with a .940 save % so far this season. Either way we had the forward depth to afford to trade Joel but it was a bit painful because he was respected and liked by our fan base.

Glad he is working out for you guys good luck the rest of the way.
If you need anymore help with your accounting you know where to come. We at Bergevin, Molson et al will put your financial house in order with a stroke of the pen (or a tap of the key).

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I see so much negativity. He is a lock on the third line, nothing wrong with that. Every teams need guys like this, nobody has ten guys scoring 20 goals in their line-up :)

Reactions: BeastMode420

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Armia has 3 empty netters, he produces like a 4th liner even though he gets plenty of ice time and PP.

Production vs Eye Test don't always fall in line. Armia is a beast out there and he belongs in the top 9. Calling him a 4th liner is an insult. He's just having a hard time finishing on his chances but the point is he is engaged in the play and creating chances.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Production vs Eye Test don't always fall in line. Armia is a beast out there and he belongs in the top 9. Calling him a 4th liner is an insult. He's just having a hard time finishing on his chances but the point is he is engaged in the play and creating chances.
He is not a finisher but a real good player. Strong along the boards, has good chemistry with Koktaniemi

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He is not a finisher but a real good player. Strong along the boards, has good chemistry with Koktaniemi

He could of had a hat trick easily last night. The chances he had were plenty and he created several of them by himself. I really like the Lehkonen / Kotkaniemi / Armia line.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Let's not forget that he left FEL as an elite finisher, and is still 1.st ever u20 player to score 50 goals in FEL. He knows how to score and he definitely has the shot. It almost seems like he forgot some things while he developed into one of the league's best defensive forwards. He just have to find the "touch" again. It's there somewhere.

Reactions: HKbleu

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Bergevin should lock this guy up right now and not wait, he's a keeper.

6 years 25M make it done Bergy!
6 years 24M 4 aav.
4 years 13M 3,25 aav.
3 years 8,25M 2,75 aav.

My guess is the middle one.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
6 years 24M 4 aav.
4 years 13M 3,25 aav.
3 years 8,25M 2,75 aav.

My guess is the middle one.
I would gamble on a longer deal as I think this guy has more to give. And it will look great in a couple of years.

If he can sign him for even less than 4M per year it would be amazing as I think his value is right there around 4M per year right now.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Armia is a-mazing at protecting the puck.
His body control is elite, then throw in his silky mitts and you got one heck of a 3rd liner. Also, the SPVM has a warrant out on him for multiple thefts :)

Throw 5 years at $3.5M AAV and see if he bites. Takes him to 30.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
His body control is elite, then throw in his silky mitts and you got one heck of a 3rd liner. Also, the SPVM has a warrant out on him for multiple thefts :)

Throw 5 years at $3.5M AAV and see if he bites. Takes him to 30.
The thing is this guy is actually skilled and has a great shot!

He can be more than a third liner IMO.

We should just lock him up and watch him explode!

He's generating a ton of stuff on the ice every shift he's out there, if he manages to put it all together at one point, watch out!

Reactions: HKbleu and Deebs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad