Player Discussion Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That's true of pretty much 100% of 3rd line players. If there's nobody in front of them you wont win and they wont do good.

True, but if we're not going to have elite talent in the top six, I was hoping for more offensive flair on the 3rd line. And ultimately I prefer Danault to Eller.

On the other hand, a player with Eller's skill set, but limited vision, is fine on the wing.

Ultimately, he should be at least another good bottom sixer that Bergevin was able to find (after Danault, Weise, Byron, Deslauriers, etc..). And he may have upside to be the next Erik Haula or William Karlsson.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I liked him when he was a prospect and he's always looked good against Montreal- was surprised how poor his numbers have been though. But he's big, aggressive, has a good RH shot, and has underrated skill. He's of that Smith-Pelly, Bourque type- probably mostly a big body in your bottom 6 but able to put together stretches where he's excellent.
He had a lesser offensive role with Winnipeg, I imagine Montreal will give him a fair shot.....let’s hope he becomes our version of William Karlsson

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I actually liked Joel Armia in Winnipeg. He doesn’t make our team much better obviously because he doesn’t really address anything to important but it was a decent trade in my opinion.
He addresses the need for skilled Right handed shot wingers with size......next.....centres!!!!!

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
We already have Gallagher, Domi, Drouin, Lehkonen, Hudon, Scherbak, Byron, and Pacioretty on the wings. That's 8 wingers for 6 top 9 spots. With Armia it's 9. Three of them have to get traded. I suppose Drouin could still be at center and Pacioetty and Byron could be moved.

I think Hudon may get a shot at C.

Byron/Max will ended up getting traded just the fanbase needs to have some patience.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I think Hudon may get a shot at C.

Byron/Max will ended up getting traded just the fanbase needs to have some patience.
Bergevin has been the busiest GM in the league since the draft, yet we cry impatience on the trade front....:facepalm:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A potential 35-40 points winger with size is never a bad thing. Won't be a star but should be pretty useful.

Welcome!

Yeah I'm warming up to this trade. It's Bergevin's specialty. Another solid bottom sixer, like Byron, Weise, Deslauriers, acquired for nothing.

I just want Bergevin to make more deals for higher end assets. But this deal in itself is a good deal.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
You just robbed the Jets. Armia is exellent bottom6 player and still has top6 upside. Elite forechecker and puck retrieval mixed with silky smooth hands. The guy can dangle his way out of trouble(zone exit) and makes it look so easy. 2nd best point production in the league of players who played less than 13min last season, and there was potential for so much more.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
What do we do with Armia? He's barely a third line winger...

I mean are we getting rid of McCarron or Shaw?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
He addresses the need for skilled Right handed shot wingers with size......next.....centres!!!!!

ROR/Hertl/Anisimov.

I would look into getting 1 of those.

Is Anisimov a cap dump for Chicago?

If MB got 1 of those then I would also look to add Brassard if he could had as dump/cheap from the Pens.

Reactions: jaffy27

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
You sir, are pretty lost.. He could honestly play in your first line.

Logan Shaw for sure, unless he accept a 2way deal

With Danault Armia and DelaRose we will be at 24/23 nhl contracts

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He will (or shoukds) get every opportunity to be a top 6 player with us & he certainly has the physical & technical skills to succeed in that role... Will be interesting to see what he does with the opportunity.

Reactions: Redux91

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
This is good for the Habs and Armia. Armia never really got the chance to be a TOP 6 player. Now he has it. He has all the skills as you can see on youtube and is consistent at least in defensive play.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

CamaBoom

Dec 11, 2016
Just a small notion but both Armia and Kotkaniemi are from Ässät Pori, maybe he is here to make sure Kotkaniemi will get accustomed easier in the future.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
And? So what? With more opportunity and more minutes he could easily get 6 more points.

It's 6 points lol Not like I'm saying he'll get 50.
Ahh maybe if the philosophy in Montreal changes drastically, but usually player's scoring stats go down in Montreal.

Reactions: scrubadam

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's never put up more than 29 points in his career. I'm not sure where your optimism comes from.

Well, you should factor in that 29 pts came last year and he is age 25. He is just touching his prime years. Are we saying he is a legit top 6 forward? No. But he addresses a need on RW, has great size and decent skill. At age 25, he will get more opportunities on our lineup and it’s up to him to take this potential increase in ice time and run with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad